Implemented Well-Known Author title changes

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I think Well-Known Author is a title that is rather arbitrary and a misnomer. Currently all you need to do is publish around 5 short stories that no one reads to get it. On the other hand, if you have 1 really popular story, you won't get it.

Therefore I propose that the requirements be changed to a number of followers that the author has. Alternatively, create a stat called Exposure that aggregates all the unique readers across all the novels that an author has published. It's called Exposure because it's the total amount of readers (hence "Well-Known" that the author has been exposed to across the site.
By stat, i mean a stat like Follower, Following, and Comments, like on the following profile.
1578949890261.png
By reader, i mean what is underlined in the following spoiler.
1578949981998.png

I understand that depending on how readers are calculated for each novel might not allow calculating a total unique readership number, but basically any stat is better than pure novel count for a title such as Well-Known Author.

Yorth

Swordman
Though I don't totally agree with the implementation, I think this issue needs to be addressed. I love titles. In any game I play, I try my best to get any title I can get my hands on. I wish SH gave more freedom and choice in that department.

Tony

Staff member
I think Well-Known Author is a title that is rather arbitrary and a misnomer. Currently all you need to do is publish around 5 short stories that no one reads to get it. On the other hand, if you have 1 really popular story, you won't get it.

Therefore I propose that the requirements be changed to a number of followers that the author has. Alternatively, create a stat called Exposure that aggregates all the unique readers across all the novels that an author has published. It's called Exposure because it's the total amount of readers (hence "Well-Known" that the author has been exposed to across the site.
By stat, i mean a stat like Follower, Following, and Comments, like on the following profile.
By reader, i mean what is underlined in the following spoiler.

I understand that depending on how readers are calculated for each novel might not allow calculating a total unique readership number, but basically any stat is better than pure novel count for a title such as Well-Known Author.
Though I don't totally agree with the implementation, I think this issue needs to be addressed. I love titles. In any game I play, I try my best to get any title I can get my hands on. I wish SH gave more freedom and choice in that department.

Okay, this is implemented. It's now 500+ readers for "Rising Author", 1000+ readers for "Well-Known Author" and 2000+ readers for "Famous Author".