Which is better buying games from steam or having physical copies of the game?

Daichi

I will be honest, I like steam because of the flexibility it provides and also there is free games there. I wonder what you guys prefer?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I prefer Heroes of the Storm because I've never paid anything to play it, and people who do spend money on it don't earn any advantage in gameplay, just skins and other cosmetic stuff. I don't spend money on games at all generally speaking.

DragonMage18

I will say Steam... if I bought the physical of every game I by, I would end up with to many games to keep track of.

Just thinking about my parents movie collection is making me shiver, last time they sorted it, they used half a day just doing that.
Well can't say my steam libary is much better tho.
Soon close to 200 games (not including DLC) there... Hurray for stupidly large game collections on 90% discount that's cheeper to buy than that one game in it that you realy want to buy...

Zoey

Mustachu
I will be honest, I like steam because of the flexibility it provides and also there is free games there. I wonder what you guys prefer?
I used to love physical copies because that's what I grew up with, but now I like digital mostly because it's just a lot easier to store. And if your poor you and your friends can all chip in to buy it then just make a few copies for everybody, though that's not always easy especially because steam likes to verify everything.

Ral

There are advantages and disadvantages to both, but for me I choose physical.

I choose physical because it essentially allows you more control over the product. I can do whatever I wanted with it. Share it, lend it, make back up copies of it, sell it, destroy it, give it to your descendants. Whatever, as long as it is not illegal, it is okay.

With services like Steam however, it is designed so that the companies, especially Valve itself, has more control over you and your stuff. They decide what you can do with your stuff. Heck, they could even take your games away from you without your permission or ban you from using your games. Essentially, you don't own things there. Of course, surrendering control to them means you get convenience in return and many people are okay with that.

In the end, it is up to you.

Last edited:

AryaX

What is the physical media used for games nowadays? dvd? usb? something else?

Kotohood

Noob Author
If it's a console then physical copies.

If it's PC games, then digital mostly. But that's cause the physical copies are retardedly hard to find and are very expensive.

Generik0

As for me, I prefer both. Cause this is what I experience in both.

Even though physical copies are hard to find you can quickly play the game. As for digital copies you need to download it from the internet after you bought it and if you have a shitty internet connection it may take a day or two. You can also have a refund! Also, They have more discounts than digital copies

As for digital copies its fairly easy to get tbh
Even though you can't refund it and stays with you forever. It has its perks cause there are some digital copies that enables play you to play on multiple platforms. What I find most appealing for digital copies is that information about sales and Promos are easily spread.

Like hell, my friend just got GTA V for free in the Epic Store. I don't wanna buy it though.

Yes GTA V is free from May 14 until May 21 you can get ii in your PC legally in Epic Store. Even though many people know this. I just wanna inform those who don't know

Last edited:

Reciful

Physical copies......never trusted soft copies(digital)

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
In general, I prefer just owning stuff digitally since it keeps my place from being filled up so quickly
But for special things, like games of my most favorite series or movie, I'd prefer a physical copy
Maybe its just because there's more of a sense of achievement when you can actually feel the item in your hands?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
In general, I prefer just owning stuff digitally since it keeps my place from being filled up so quickly
But for special things, like games of my most favorite series or movie, I'd prefer a physical copy
Maybe its just because there's more of a sense of achievement when you can actually feel the item in your hands?
Oh yeah, I do enjoy physical copies for a few things for sure, like limited editions of touhou fangames, I'm glad I bought those~

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Oh yeah, I do enjoy physical copies for a few things for sure, like limited editions of touhou fangames, I'm glad I bought those~
Its also with posters too
I mean having them as your wallpaper is nice and all but there's just something about seeing them hung on your wall in the real world

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Its also with posters too
I mean having them as your wallpaper is nice and all but there's just something about seeing them hung on your wall in the real world
*nod nod nod*

... Well, I can get the idea at least, though I hate posters in general... >.>

I do enjoy smaller stuff though, like pins!

Allchemic

Physical copies rules, at least for me. There is and there will always be something special about it; I have a copy of Diablo I and Warcraft III that I would not sell for all the money in the world. Btw, it's the same for books for me - my 5e Monster Manual is my little baby and almost sleep hugging it '3'

Steam sucks, I never used it '-'

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
If it's a console then physical copies.

If it's PC games, then digital mostly. But that's cause the physical copies are retardedly hard to find and are very expensive.
This ^
It is so absurdly hard to find physical copies of PC games these days. I miss the days of being able to find good pc games for super-cheap in stores.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
You cannot make a room dedicated to storing your most prized possession when it's digital.