In your opinion, which is the best writing web editor?

Kotohood

Noob Author
By far, the best one that I've used is Autocrit.

Not only does it checks for simple grammar, it checks and list down all your verb tenses past or present or future(the only software that I know that actually does this), list down all of your filter words, list down every fragmented sentences, have a in-built quilbot, in-built hemingway, script comparisons, checks for repetition/redundacy, summary reports and many more.

It's just no competition. The others just pale in comparison. The only problem is that its very expensive and I'm not likely to use it again unless I'm editing a whole book. I used it as a trial and was very impressed.

I took all the lessons I've learn from the software and I just manually edit with the help of google docs now. Which I think actually does a pretty good job all things considered. Grammarly (the free one at least), I felt didn't really catch the most important of grammar errors.

Last edited:

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
I dont see why anyone would need anything but google docs for writing.
Quite my daily writing software

My mind...
Oh wait, a web editor...
Gramma-Google Docs

I wish that I am good as yours
By far, the best one that I've used is Autocrit.

I took all the lessons I've learn from the software and I just manually edit with the help of google docs now. Which I think actually does a pretty good job all things considered. Grammarly (the free one at least), I felt didn't really catch the most important of grammar errors.

Sometimes, I don't trust my manual edits since it might cause ruckus around my own grammar, but I also don't trust the web editor if it suggests me the style that is quite weird to read, even if they corrected the text.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
I use Grammarly because it's free and it has synonyms. It also is an online-saving program so I can write anywhere on any PC.

But really, Microsoft words is good enough.

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
I use Grammarly because it's free and it has synonyms. It also is an online-saving program so I can write anywhere on any PC.

But really, Microsoft words is good enough.
Premium one is quite better, and it's hard for a beginner like me to write a style that may unexpectedly be wrong. Judging by your "Joined Date"... you seem to be quite experienced.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Premium one is quite better, and it's hard for a beginner like me to write a style that may unexpectedly be wrong. Judging by your "Joined Date"... you seem to be quite experienced.
You'll be better stumble on your way and gradually refine your own style than depending on the grammar-correcting program for your writing.

Most (if not all) of those programs are for business writing. It will make your writing dull, formal, lifeless and too factual. They can't comprehend prose and poem, or anything metaphorical in nature.

Last edited:

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
ProWritingAid, Google Docs and my brain.

Both sometimes suggest me things that would change the message I'm trying to convey. For example, "he didn't try to kill us", it suggested "he didn't kill us"; but it needs the "try to" because there was no way he could do it.
I also use both because when one fails to spot a mistake, the other program does.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
I've been trying to program my own in my free time (non-existent free time). It's not that the already out there software is bad, but like all terrible authors, I prefer to blame my tools.

Long story short, I'm trying to have the editor be more based towards web fiction writing/editing rather than anything generic. There is simply many things that generic editors won't do for you. Such skill tracking, damage calculations, automatic character dialects and etc.

If I ever get around to finishing it, I'll probably release it as open source. Until then, it might as well be a figment of my imagination :/

Mihou

Firefly—
I've been trying to program my own in my free time (non-existent free time). It's not that the already out there software is bad, but like all terrible authors, I prefer to blame my tools.

Long story short, I'm trying to have the editor be more based towards web fiction writing/editing rather than anything generic. There is simply many things that generic editors won't do for you. Such skill tracking, damage calculations, automatic character dialects and etc.

If I ever get around to finishing it, I'll probably release it as open source. Until then, it might as well be a figment of my imagination :/
Programming one can be hard if alone though but goodluck!