Category Tab

LadyYuki

I find it just a little troublesome to find the content that I'm looking for on this site. Especially when considering the mass exodus of writers from TGST, it would be nice to have a tab for popular tags and genres on the home page. That or it would be nice to move the Transgender tag moved to the Genres.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Can I suggest making both a "Transgender" genre and keeping the "Transgender" tag? Some novels will have transgender characters but won't be specifically themed around it.

Having it as a genre would probably help the TGST stories have a more accurate "Related Series" section, though.

LadyYuki

What is TGST? Is that a site? :blob_hmm:
TGST is the site TGStorytime. There was recently an issue with the moderator of the site protecting a troll spewing hate speech and refusing to listen to concerns from the authors. That's lead to an exodus of authors off of that site.

LadyYuki

Can I suggest making both a "Transgender" genre and keeping the "Transgender" tag? Some novels will have transgender characters but won't be specifically themed around it.

Having it as a genre would probably help the TGST stories have a more accurate "Related Series" section, though.
I totally agree.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer

If you don't want to see Transgender fictions (or what to see them exclusively, or any genre for that matter), you can use release filtering.

For now, we have Genderbender genre, which is not all Transgender but is pretty close. Otherwise, the good old series finder is your best friend.

LadyYuki

If you don't want to see Transgender fictions (or what to see them exclusively, or any genre for that matter), you can use release filtering.

For now, we have Genderbender genre, which is not all Transgender but is pretty close. Otherwise, the good old series finder is your best friend.
I'm finding work arounds, but I feel like there may be an easier way to accomplish the task. Genderbender as a genre generally gets the job done, but I feel there is possibly a more neuenced way to tackle that particular category.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

Lmao 'genderbender' sounds like an over-the-top version of transgender if you put it that way

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
So I go on a little journey and find that there is Transgender tag so you can search (or blacklist) exclusively transgender fictions, though I doubt most people know about this tag.

LadyYuki

So I go on a little journey and find that there is Transgender tag so you can search (or blacklist) exclusively transgender fictions, though I doubt most people know about this tag.
That is why I suggested that it should be added to the genres.

LadyYuki

Transgender is a bit too narrow to be a genre, it works fine as a tag.

Try using the Series Finder function?
Transgender fiction is a quite broad when you dont think of it as "featuring a character that is trans." And it differs from the Gender Bender genre in that it is less about a character crossing gender lines or being transformed and more about the character's experience as a trans individual.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Transgender fiction is a quite broad when you dont think of it as "featuring a character that is trans." And it differs from the Gender Bender genre in that it is less about a character crossing gender lines or being transformed and more about the character's experience as a trans individual.
I'm not disagreeing, but that is still far too narrow to be a genre. It works fine as a tag that you can search for in the Series Finder.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I'm not disagreeing, but that is still far too narrow to be a genre. It works fine as a tag that you can search for in the Series Finder.

But we have "sports" and "school life" as genres, and those are arguably narrower/less frequently used than a "Transgender" genre would be, given the influx of stories from TGST.