So, how do you end up as an artist?

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
And once again, Liz has claimed another first of the thread!

Anyway, how do you end up as an artist? Is it your fascination with nature? Or because doing commissions for other is fun?
Also, share your arts!

mrsimple

Writer
Er... back when I was in grade school, I was forced to sketch something from nature and I picked a bee. Everyone finished their sketch in that class period, but I ended up taking a couple of weeks before mine was completed. I was initially not going to get a grade for being late, but when I presented the piece, the teacher wanted to submit it to some... I don't remember what it was anymore. Anyways, yeah, I apparently was really good at retaining memory of what that bee looked like. The reason it took so damn long for me to draw was because of those tiny hairs on the bee. I didn't outline the bee at all, I didn't see the carapace, so I created a fluffy bee.

Sometime later, I'll see if I can find that sketch. >.>

Shizun

It started out with a relative drawing arts and i just followed up, gave up, then restarted again. :unsure: It continued like that all the time. I wanted to actually draw a manga, but my endurance is rip and I'm not fast enough. Thus i switched over to writing, planning to make it similar like a light novel, cuz it also has illustrations :unsure:

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
I always liked art growing up. But then I got more into it in middle school. It’s because of anime and manga.

Kuro_0ni

I finally got one ^_^
I think of art like a language. Its just a form to convey one's given thought or expression at that particular time.

lilyWhiteRose

i was really into sailor moon when i was little. then i got rlly into the powerpuff girls and made fan characters and comics. then i got into naruto in middle school... which is how i found deviantart.... and it just spiraled out of control from there lol

Lukha

mother of all ships
Puberty. Let's just say I had an eye for things I liked! Such as anatomically beautiful male and female bodies, of course. In a non-pervy way. Kind of. Sort of. :blob_uwu:

OddJamm

~Sweet Preservatives~
I can't draw anything complicated without failing. :sweat_smile: I'm more of what you call a doodler. I've been doodling as a kid and never stopped so now I have a higher skill of doodling compare to other people. :blob_sir: My sister is that artist of the family rather. :blob_paint: (Totally unrelated but I just wanted to share :blob_cookie:)

GoGo

My dad draws, so I was reeled in. I'm not good at it, just passable. But it gives me satisfaction to see paper and pen come to life in a sketch.

D

Deleted member 5560

There was nothing else I was good at. I mean there still isn't, lol. And it's questionable if I'm good at art either.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
And once again, Liz has claimed another first of the thread!

Anyway, how do you end up as an artist? Is it your fascination with nature? Or because doing commissions for other is fun?
Also, share your arts!

I was bored during school so I drew on all the "extra paper lying around". It got to the point where my art teacher told me to stop drawing in class or they will fail me : /

That said, I haven't drawn much after getting out of school so my art skills have went down quite a bit : /