(Poll) How would you describe yourself on the masculinity/femininity gender spectrum?

How masculine/feminine would you describe your own sense of gender identity?

• I'm male - Very Masculine +3

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I'm male - Moderately Masculine +2

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • I'm male - Slightly Masculine +1

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • I'm male - In between +0

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I'm male - Slightly Feminine +1

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I'm male - Moderately Feminine +2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm male - Very Feminine +3

• I'm female - Very Masculine +3

• I'm female - Moderately Masculine +2

• I'm female - Slightly Masculine +1

• I'm female - In between +0

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I'm female - Slightly Feminine +1

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I'm female - Moderately Feminine +2

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I'm female - Very Feminine +3

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I'm nonbinary - Very Masculine +3

• I'm nonbinary - Moderately Masculine +2

• I'm nonbinary - Slightly Masculine +1

• I'm nonbinary - In between +0

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • I'm nonbinary - Slightly Feminine +1

• I'm nonbinary - Moderately Feminine +2

• I'm nonbinary - Very Feminine +3

• I do not wish to respond

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

minacia

perpetually sour
@Nahrenne said I should go make a poll, so here goes a poll~

There's a lot of genderbender fics on ScribbleHub (and also a bunch of threads on this topic), so I became curious how most ScribbleHub people think of themselves in terms of masculinity/femininity.

minacia

perpetually sour
I would like to think myself as very masculine...but in reality, I'm only a moderate. I'd prefer sleeping, binge-reading and watching stuff than hitting the gym.
Out of curiosity, how important is your masculinity to you? Is it a big part of your identity?

For instance, if a witch appeared and magically swapped your gender, would you be very disturbed?

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
, I'm only a moderate. I'd prefer sleeping, binge-reading and watching stuff than hitting the gym.
this for me as well.

Out of curiosity, how important is your masculinity to you? Is it a big part of your identity?

For instance, if a witch appeared and magically swapped your gender, would you be very disturbed?
:blob_hmm_two: i'd be disturbed to the level almost anyone would be with such a huge change. beyond that, i think i could adapt reasonably well to most things that came along with it given enough time. :blob_sir:

D

Deleted member 29316

Yep. Very.

I mean, I grew up in a culture where if you're male, then you should act as one. And if female, you should act as one. Now if you'd ask if my views would change if I grew up in a different culture, well, maybe. But in any case, I'm perfectly fine with my masculinity.

That's why I don't read gender-benders, and trap stories. I'm a bit weirded-out by such arrangement. However, it's just my personal opinion.

Addendum: Our society's got more pressing problems for now than gender issues. But yes, we're slowly getting to it as well (especially in gender and development in education).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jemini

I believe the term Tumbler uses for what I am is "Net gender." It means that IRL, I do have one of the binary genders. (I refuse to say which right now.) However, so long as I'm online, I refuse to reveal what my gender is to such an extent that I have actually become, to an extent, non-binary so long (and only when) I am communicating via a screen over the internet.

It shows my age to some extent, it is most prevalent in 90s kids, those who grew up in early days of the internet when parents had the (very legitimate) concern over their children revealing personally identifying information online and schooled us not to. These days, Face Book has unfortunately altered that approach. However, I caught on to cancel culture's activities early and clamped back down on the bad habits I was starting to pick up from social media. Since then though, I actually have started to legitimately see myself in non-gendered terms while online, and I get a strange thrill when someone guesses my gender and guesses wrong.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
First of all, "what the fuck, magic is real?" and all that. Then I'd probably look in myself in the mirror and see that I'm just as unattractive as a woman as I was as a man.

Having the parts doesn't matter. Masculinity isn't bound by gender. I'm a masculine guy and I'd be a masculine girl.

I would say acting mature is of bigger importance to me, which is why I buy my own legos instead of having my mom pay for them.

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
It's complicated. I'm not non-binary but I'm not not non-binary. I usually use the label of doublegirl to describe my situation - kinda demigirl vibes but with the opposite meaning, more girl than girl usually conveys. I've described my gender as if somebody got a girl volume dial on a guitar amp stuck to twelve and now it's impossible to make out what the other dials are set on. So I'm +4 femininity off the charts for sure, but female or non-binary? Depends on how you perceive it.

Kldran

It's complicated. I'm not non-binary but I'm not not non-binary.
This feels like the shortest way to explain why I can't really answer the poll. Gender is a complicated topic for me, and the issue isn't high enough on my priority list to get much attention. I feel like any answer I give would just end up misleading people.

sereminar

Hmmm, This is all very linear, I'm non-binary and like pretty far outside the binary? In a way that doesn't fit on a line, but outside the line all together. And like, my old roommate was just straight up agender and didn't identify as having/expressing any gender.

Vaxel00

I like lifting, I have to shave everyday, I'm tall(ish? 6.1 so not too tall).

I can't see myself as anything other than a man.

Sii

I mean, I have peepee, so I'm guy right?

But in all seriousness, I am most definitely a very masculine male who was raised to be balanced. Masculinity is a thing and not really that big of a deal when it comes to how I identify myself. I have interests that are considered feminine but I don't think they are, I think they're cool.

OvidLemma

I'm nonbinary but moderately masculine. By that, I mean I was born male, pass as male, and have a reasonably masculine body type. And yet I feel absolutely zero connection to masculinity, and no dysphoria from my body ether... like I present how I present just because of inertia, and I'd be just as happy (and just as dysfunctional) if I looked like somebody else. I'm pretty sure I'd be perfectly ok with almost any body I got assigned to, as long as it worked well enough for me to do the things I like. Things like drinkin' brews, hangin' out with the bros, talkin' about sports... well, exactly one of those things, and it involves snooty craft beer.