Mentioning a weird thread.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Someone once gave me the idea to start a "You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?" thread on here and try and keep it going like the Last Comment Wins one.

Is that even possible? As in would it catch on? The only rule I would have is nothing politics-related because we all know we would get heated over this in no time.

officialue

you know what really gets me

people that never shut up. especially if they're making jokes about you or someone else. like the first, second, maybe even (if they're really funny) third joke might make you laugh, but once you get to the fourth you've gone on for too long.

all things in moderation my friends

Discount_Blade

You know waht really grinds my gears?
Trolls!
Troll players=cancers
If you won't play properly then don't play at all! Stop wasting my time you sheets!
Also I hate smurfs!
Play on your own playgrounds!
Leave us little guys alone!
Smurfs? I haven't heard that term before

bigbear51

Insulting Americans? The oh-so wonders of the internet never cease to find a way to bore me even more.
Smurfs? I haven't heard that term before
It's a gaming term. It's when you make a second account in an online game, so that you end up matching with people who have less experience than you. Like if I'm high rank in CSGO, then make a second account to get matched with silvers, for example.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I will be honest, my gears have been grinded so many times that I need the entire transmission box overhauled. So no, I no longer find anything more irritating when everything is equally irritating.

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
There's time in your life that you're doubting yourself and think you're lower than a trash, sometimes I fix that by smurfing to feel good about myself. Self Confidence is an important thing even at the cost of making other people angry.

Every human is an egoistical being.

Last edited:

Discount_Blade

What really grinds my gears is open-ended stories.

I love Cowboy Bebop. It is in my Top 5 Anime. But I DESPISE the ending. I consider it laziness if you don't write an ending to a story and leave it open to interpretation. It's always bugged me when people will say "I'm letting my readers create their own ending".

NO!! You are the writer. It's YOUR job to write the ending. It must be canon and it is ONLY canon if you wrote it. Otherwise, its fanfiction and to most people who consume this media, it's not considered a "true" ending. It's deeply unsatisfying and I lose respect for creators who do this.

The only answer the creator of Cowboy Bebop gave was during a interview where he said, "to those who think Spike lived...they are probably right." That probably thrown in there really bugged the shit out of me because even years later he STILL hasn't committed to any canonical ending and therefore never will.

Another thing is stories with unhappy endings. I love dark stories. They can really send you through feels....but why does the ending have to be equally miserable? I can't see writing a dark story and than have the ending still be unhappy too. Want to kill nearly everyone in the cast? Sure. Go Game of Thrones on it, but please have a happy ending guys!?

The world is miserable enough as it is, why does our imaginative worlds also have to end terribly?

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
What really grinds my gears is open-ended stories.

I love Cowboy Bebop. It is in my Top 5 Anime. But I DESPISE the ending. I consider it laziness if you don't write an ending to a story and leave it open to interpretation. It's always bugged me when people will say "I'm letting my readers create their own ending".

NO!! You are the writer. It's YOUR job to write the ending. It must be canon and it is ONLY canon if you wrote it. Otherwise, its fanfiction and to most people who consume this media, it's not considered a "true" ending. It's deeply unsatisfying and I lose respect for creators who do this.

The only answer the creator of Cowboy Bebop gave was during a interview where he said, "to those who think Spike lived...they are probably right." That probably thrown in there really bugged the shit out of me because even years later he STILL hasn't committed to any canonical ending and therefore never will.

Another thing is stories with unhappy endings. I love dark stories. They can really send you through feels....but why does the ending have to be equally miserable? I can't see writing a dark story and than have the ending still be unhappy too. Want to kill nearly everyone in the cast? Sure. Go Game of Thrones on it, but please have a happy ending guys!?

The world is miserable enough as it is, why does our imaginative worlds also have to end terribly?
Cuz the imaginative world reflects ours? There are those who like downers just because they are masochist. Just like NTR loving cucks. I mean, I like Netori (me doing it to others), but fuck no on Netorare.

Also, Cowboy Bebop's open ending to me is okay, because at least the end is there. Whether Spike lives or not is his issue and whether or not if your heart wants him to. A lot better than the asspull that is Code Geass, so fucking moronic to drag Lelouch back into the goddamn world by having him turn immortal.

Discount_Blade

Cuz the imaginative world reflects ours? There are those who like downers just because they are masochist. Just like NTR loving cucks. I mean, I like Netori (me doing it to others), but fuck no on Netorare.

Also, Cowboy Bebop's open ending to me is okay, because at least the end is there. Whether Spike lives or not is his issue and whether or not if your heart wants him to. A lot better than the asspull that is Code Geass, so fucking moronic to drag Lelouch back into the goddamn world by having him turn immortal.
wut? I've watched both seasons...he assassinated himself....so wut?

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
It grinds my gears that nothing grinds my gears. not even this. My anger is so temporary and flimsy and unreliable and pathetic that nobody really has to take me seriously.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
download (10).png

@HansTrondheim
You must fight for our honor as the head Trivago.