Scribble Hub Forum

Ruyi
Ruyi
That's a lot, do you use them all or do you have a fav? Right now I'm just scribbling on GoogleDocs and random notebooks.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
*uses Microsoft Word*
'-'

X
Lone_Crane
Lone_Crane
Yeah, especially when you get comfy with one. I try them out all the time, but I always go right back to Scrivener.

EDIT: I will say, though, looking at Quoll Writer again, it looks to be much improved with a lot of added features since the last time I tried it years ago. The editor feature looks neat. Will try it out again.
NiQuinn
NiQuinn
You managed to install Manuskript? Haven't tried it yet coz the instructions made me leave. Albeit, for now. I do want to try it still.
Pistachio
Pistachio
@Ruyi my favorite and the one I'm using these days is Novelist since I'm on mobile and/or pad most days. Just started to check out other writing softwares due to a thread about open source writing softwares, I'm still in the experimenting stage tho
Pistachio
Pistachio
@Nahrenne it's okay! I started with Word too but over time, I found that Word is not enough, for me anyway, on writing things like character outlines, plot points, and other world-building stuffs. Still love it btw :blobthumbsup::blobthumbsup::blobthumbsup:
Pistachio
Pistachio
@GuanZhong Yep! I usually try them out when I get stuck and second guess where I'm going but by the end, I'll still return to the software I initially started with.
Pistachio
Pistachio
Quoll Writer is far more stable than the other two I mentioned although as it's too simplistic. On the other hand, Wavemaker lacks a character section and too many vague tools that I feel will make the organization of idea all over the place; it has a timeline tool tho which I like a lot. Out of the three, I'll say Manuskript can be the real winner but it crashes on me when I heavily customize a novel.
NiQuinn
NiQuinn
As for me, I'm using (trying out) Wavemaker because of its simplicity. I like how clean it looks though it is missing a few key features. For now, I'm using the database section for my character profiles and having the hashtags there really helps out. Plus, I like the offline and google drive features. I have it on my mobile, my laptop at home, plus my work pc haha
Pistachio
Pistachio
@NiQuinn [regarding Manuskript] Yep, just downloaded the file from the site, extract, and run. I didn't check out the tutorials as I'm prone to experimenting my way around. That being said, it is a good writing software although it is ideal when you have set up already how many chapters you want, word count per chapter, etc.
Pistachio
Pistachio
@NiQuinn [cont] There's also the matter of novel outline; they have lots of options like if it's a trilogy, novel, novelette, etc but if you customize it the names become what they initially appeared in, e.g. # of Something, when I try to rename it, say 7# of Arc, create, then 7 [Something]s appear :blob_facepalm: you can edit it but it's a turn off.
NiQuinn
NiQuinn
it is ideal when you have set up already how many chapters you want, word count per chapter, etc.

Incidentally, I actually do.
Pistachio
Pistachio
@NiQuinn [about Wavemaker] Yeah! I love its google drive features too and the design is pretty. Those alone are enough for me to use it but since I'm pretty satisfied with my current writing app, I'll probably use it for its timeline features 😊
Lone_Crane
Lone_Crane
I haven't installed Manuskript yet. What I don't like about Quoll Writer is that there seems to be too many button clicks to do what I would normally do in Scrivener, I think because Quoll Writer likes using popup boxes so much, like for notes. I still need to try Wavemaker too. But I'm so used to Scrivener, I doubt I will be switching. Quoll Writer does have global search, which I use all the time in Scrivener.
Lone_Crane
Lone_Crane
I do like the built in timer in Quoll Writer, but I find it odd that typewriter scrolling is only in distraction-free mode, but I can't find an option to turn it on in regular tabbed mode. I need my typewriter scrolling, lol.
Lone_Crane
Lone_Crane
@NiQuinn for Manuskript you just extract and run Manuskript.exe from the folder
Pistachio
Pistachio
Incidentally, I actually do.
Hahaha, just remembered I can use this. Thanks!

Then you might like using Manuskript. Just a heads up tho, if you haven't check out their site, there seems to be a problem when some people download it, I hadn't encountered the problem but the creators do have instructions for how to overcome it. Well, hope you enjoy it!