Scribble Hub Forum

Lone_Crane
Lone_Crane
There's no announcement for it, whoever is leading the moment of silence just begins talking about whatever, and that's the cue that the moment of silence is over. Like, they will say, "Let us have a moment of silence for...." Then silence. Then, "Alright, today we're here to....." Or whatever.
tak
tak
Pistachio
Pistachio
Describe it, I think? How does the silence begin? Is it an argument that escalates and the participants are not willing to compromise? Then describe the "silence" like, "the tension is palpable, almost choking in fact but neither speaks to break the deadlock."
Pistachio
Pistachio
After this, you can use another character to break the silence or let one of the participants to either lower their pride or declare something serious. In this case, "B doesn't wish to see the two argue. "Guys, it's not that important," B tries to reason. Unfortunately, B's attempt elicits a different response."
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
I don't fully understand the context, personally.
Are you meaning for like a memorial service, where we do 1-2 mins of silence; or do you mean a natural pause in conversation?
X
Pistachio
Pistachio
Basically, just describe it 😊. It can be a simple "B breaks the silence [with a reason]" or just let someone say something without you saying it breaks the silence because someone talking after a "silence" is technically breaking the silence...welp, that's how I understand it anyway
tak
tak
It's narrator mocking the protagonist, in formal ceremony tone