Scribble Hub Forum

BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
Unless you're writing fan fiction or teen drama/romance, give up.
M
Mechaphobic
I just write for fun, I am not having fun here. Ratings, reviews, favorites, I am sick of it all. I need some kind of change or I will just end up quitting writing altogether. I don't even really like bringing this up because of everyone's attitude towards it, but I am tired of the negativity when I just want to write. At this point, I write more that I don't post than I do that I post.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
If you aren't bothered by the number of readers, why do you even ask such a question? If you think that Wattpad is better, migrate to Wattpad.
D
Deleted member 45782
Wattpad is what others said - romance, teen, fanfiction are popular there. Last was on there, they limited how many offline stories you can read. Some stories are able get into their paid program but idk how it is now. They have inline comments but very limited markdown
D
Deleted member 45782
For Wattpad some complaints is that you may have to read a lot of stories and comment on those to get noticed by other readers to check out yours. Because it has so many stories on its platform,it may be harder to get noticed and may be harder to break into, esp if not popular trope on wp. On + side, can find more variety of genres -fantasy, scifi, steampunk, contemporary fiction, etc. And can create your own tags.
D
Deleted member 45782
Also they have limited emoji for pfp or dm others. They don't have a forum like SH, they shut it down few yrs ago due to toxicity - makes easier to remove toxicity but at same time removed place for many to engage with other writers and readers. This is all old info, so it may be outdated since they switched owners this yr. I left when they had security breach but they probably fixed it by now.
D
Deleted member 45782
Many still write own wattpad bc it's best chance getting more noticed with wider audience. A few stories have been adapted into movies. Some get noticed by actual publishers. Thu that's like needle in haystack. But it can happen. Write where you feel better.
D
Deleted member 45782
Many on WP are teens have heard but probably huge chunk of that demographic has also grown up by now. Another thing not too sure of is what can float on here may not float there depending on topic. Notifications (author updated chapters, someone responding to your comment, contests from channels you follow) are annoyingly lumped into one place. Many contests available depending what you want follow on.
D
Deleted member 45782
Also as everywhere, do make sure save your chapters elsewhere. Sometimes it's not as great sync and save what you wrote. There are different saved versions depending on what one want do. You may find more resources on how to write there too. Lot of stories that also technically not stories on there.
D
Deleted member 45782
There may be spam bots that annoyingly follow you on wattpad. When you try see new follower, it's not really follower. They are the ones who may use old accounts. Some go on WP just to advertise stuff, some just link to suspicious sites. Anyhow may be this got fixed with new owner of WP.

Not trying to raise any paranoia Thu.
D
Deleted member 45782
And as on SH and possibly other places, you may be contacted by webnovel or other sites. Make sure it's legit before you agree or dm them any further. If sound fishy, don't speak towhat smells fishy.