Scribble Hub Forum

D
Deleted member 54065
Try to pick up some words and use the 'search' function. That's how I check if I put that draft in my work or not already.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
this is why i catalogue all my work and try to do all my stuff in a chronological order

nothing scares me more than checking through my docs and finding some bumfuck note sheet containing every unused idea I had for an arc in a story and now I have to choose to either rewrite everything in a revised structure or leave the product in its inferior state
yansusustories
yansusustories
I did use the search function! As it turns out, I didn't use it, lol Doesn't matter though, it's still coherent somehow :blobrofl:
And I get that problem with missing stuff I could have done. I do like to write inferior first versions though. Gives me the opportunity to go through everything after the whole thing is finished and do a major revision ~ :blob_melt:
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
personally, I can't do that 🗿 i'm a one-time deal kinda guy. i don't like rereading my stuff, ESPECIALLY if I consider myself done with it, so Im extra careful during my writing process, and usually edit as i go along. i may only have one draft, but it's HEAVILY backtracked draft, like completing a game 100% on your first playthrough.
D
Deleted member 54065
I do three edits before I release my work into the wild; I rarely go back to 'rewrite' (though it did happen twice). 1st is devoted to fixing grammar and spelling mistakes. Second is dedicated to trimming unnecessary dialogues I have included in the 'heat' of the moment. And third is for polishing the entire manuscript. Then, I'll just watch as my readers complain that my chaps are too long for them to read.
yansusustories
yansusustories
Ah, I do it depending on how the draft turns out. Like, it's not a secret that I turn out chapters like I eat chocolate. In 90 % of the cases, it turns out fine somehow (it's beyond me how, but it works :blob_sweat:) but then there's some (especially older) series where I think I can do a lot better so I do big revisions of the whole thing. It's fun since I even add new arcs along the way ~
yansusustories
yansusustories
For other stuff, I only do a final edit after I'm completely done where I make sure it sounds nicer. I'm slowly getting a bit anal about that part because of my other job :blob_teary:
yansusustories
yansusustories
@Hans.Trondheim, I saw your post, and seriously, don't worry about it. SH isn't like Tapas where you have to stay below a character limit and I think it's that way for a reason. Some stories need longer chapters to work so if yours is like that, keep it that way! Readers often don't know what's good for them :blob_teehee:
D
Deleted member 54065
I stopped at three because I did a story before that I kept on editing till it went on for a decade. I mean, seriously. Ten years for one volume. :blobrofl:
D
Deleted member 54065
Nah, I don't post on SH anymore...well, at least me, personally. Someone else is doing the posting, after I ran into some issues (unrelated to my writing). But yeah, I guess I should just let the chapters flow...I mean, I'm not begging my readers to read my stuff; it's either they pick it or drop it.
yansusustories
yansusustories
Eh, it's the 10-year anniversary of my first story next month and you bet I still haven't finished that sucker :blobrofl: I tried writing a new version last year but where's the time for that? :blob_pout: Either way, I think some stories do need a lot of time but that time probably gets shorter the longer we create stuff overall because we just learn so much stuff that w can skip steps later ~
yansusustories
yansusustories
I remember you had some troubles :blob_blank: But yeah, just go with what feels right! Sometimes, the creative vision is more important. That is, unless you need money. In that case, always listen to the readers and go with best practices :blob_sweat:
D
Deleted member 54065
True, and we'd like to incorporate those new and cool ideas to our first story that it ends up diluted or a different work from what we originally intended. :blobrofl: