Scribble Hub Forum

NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian

Ok, back to happy again.
CarburetorThompson
CarburetorThompson
If you don’t have any hobbies just do stuff just keep looking, that’s what I do. I’ve spent years looking for stuff I’m into. I’ve tried a bunch of shit like sailing, archery, wood carving, block printing, writing. Nothing ever really clicks with me for too long.
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
I just found out why I started writing.

Because reading becomes boring and writing is the next free activity, right next to cleaning the house weekly. Then there is brisk walking around the neighborhood, which got boring really fast as well.
CarburetorThompson
CarburetorThompson
who knows block printing might be your thing.
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
Maybe.

Probably not going to try it considering that:
A. I need to get some wood.
B. And a carving knife.
C. And ink and paper.

It might be cheap, but it ain't free.

*dusting off old gunplas that I opened but not yet build*

FML.
owotrucked
owotrucked
Gotta point out that everyone seek to do the "easiest activity". It doesn't make sense to chase after the most difficult, unfulfilling or unrewarding task.

The "easiest activity" depends on personal sensibilities, like how socializing, how challenging, how technical we like things. If that wasn't the case, the entire world would strictly do the same thing as everyone else.
owotrucked
owotrucked
Some children find it easier to sit on a table and study, others get terribly exhausted from learning that way. Thus, the fact that you find reading and writing easier than other activities is a non-trivial part of your identity.
owotrucked
owotrucked
If you were "someone else", you would find other things easier to do: doing sport, drinking with buddies, daytrading and scalping candlestick charts, doing dubious chemical experiments in your basement, streaming your disgusting mukbang, arguing on internet about your political beliefs, collecting antiques at flea markets, etc.