yansusustories
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• You know, sometimes I wish authors had the guts to make their main characters in a romance story downright assholes instead of trying to paint them as good guys by making the other love interest have some serious issue.
    Oreo
    Oreo
    To make an MC rootable is to attain higher administrative privileged controls carefully.
    Paul_Tromba
    Paul_Tromba
    Do what Konosuba did with Kazuma and Megumin. Kazuma is a jerk that is disliked by most people because of his perverted and asshole reputation. However, he still cares about people and does his best to make sure that everything goes well. Even going so far as to encourage Megumin's love for her craft until she eventually shows a natural progression of feelings from being friendly to being romantic.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Wasn't I just off for a few hours to edit? :sweat_smile: Actually, I'm simply miffed because I feel the novel I'm reading is taking the easy way out with a preexisting relationship. I feel like the author might as well have made the ML a genuine asshole by being the reason instead of putting the black pot on the head of the other love interest. Just seems kinda cheap to me.
    People may complain about the lack of linearity and things not mattering in open worlds but I love open-world games because I can randomly stroll around, enjoy the nice view, discover some random hidden caves, and talk to the NPCs out there while ignoring the main story.
    Also, yes, I did edit four chapters today and am proud of myself. Now, it's time to write ~ :blob_paint:
    I apparently can't do anything without giving myself some extrinsic motivation so now I have a multiple-step plan with checklists and everything to catch up to the chapters I should have written last month. I have 7 days to get everything done but I can do this! :blob_paint:
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Anyway, thanks for trying! I admit I'm being difficult these ... months. Trying to work on it but it's not been very successful :blob_pout: I guess this is why you leave your mental health to professionals but then I have a dislike for doctor's offices ...
    SailusGebel
    SailusGebel
    Nah, you're not difficult. I just want to cheer you up, but unlike some others(like Ben, Paul, Cupcake), I don't know how.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Mn, there isn't much actually. A year ago, that would have been easy but right now, the only thing that helps with my mood is if I myself work and accomplish something. You can always try silly cat pictures though. Even if they don't work now, I can still save them for later :blob_melt:
    I don't know how to fucking write *sigh* Ten years of writing and for once, I am actually staring at an empty page, know what needs to happen next, but somehow can't pick up the headset to actually draft the chapters. Mental health can go and fuck itself for all I care :blob_unamused:
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Me too. And I never thought about that part. Was difficult enough to even make up my mind about the romance part since I wasn't sure whether I want to mod or not. As for the race thing ... isn't there a mod for that somewhere as well? I'd be surprised if there wasn't :blob_blank:
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    I played them all on my PS3 and PS4 so I don't really know how to go about mods.
    '-'

X
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Ah, that's a pity :blob_pout: They work really well ... if you get the good ones :sweat_smile:
    Ah, feels so good making up for missed chapters ~ If I continue at this pace, I might actually manage to write all of them in a week or two! :blob_aww:
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    Yay!
    It's always nice seeing motivated Yansusu!
    *huggles lots and lots*

\(^o^)/

X
    SailusGebel
    SailusGebel
    I'm eagerly waiting for that cycle to repeat in a few months. The cycle of you being behind the schedule and catching up to it. The one that reminds me, every time, how little I write compared to you.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Me too, @Nahrenne, it's been months since I've really had any motivation but it's been slightly looking up this week! :blob_aww:
    @SailusGebel, I sure hope it won't because that would mean I really got depression :blob_blank: I'll gladly remind you myself if you need it :blobrofl:
    Spent time writing chapters for a story I'm not even posting yet and made a cover for it. Yeah, I see why I'm behind my editing schedule all the time ... It was fun though :sweat_smile:
    SailusGebel
    SailusGebel
    Again? :blob_blank:
    D
    Deleted member 57675
    Reading while in car is fun. A sudden stop and read something bout eating my schedule...
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Always, @SailusGebel. Recently, I am always behind on schedule. After all, there's writing and then there's editing and with my non-existent focus, I usually manage to be behind on at least one of them by a decent chunk :blob_pout:
    Okay, I guess it's time to officially panic now. 41k words to go until the end of the month with no focus or motivation to speak of. Thank you very much, depression, that was really what I needed to feel better :blob_unamused:
    The problem with making up for a backlog is that each day, two or three new chapters need to be written and edited as well. The risk of the backlog getting bigger is so huge :blob_teary: Or in other words: My backlog is still 12 chapters long, they just happen to all be of the same project now :blob_pout:
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Ah, yeah, that makes sense then! I'd have to love those but I can't even catch up to the schedule in a short time. Would love to finally have some extra stuff ready though. Next month is another anniversary and I haven't prepared anything yet :blob_teary:
    Paul_Tromba
    Paul_Tromba
    I had written a few themed chapters around anniversaries and holidays but most were either lost or I forgot to post them during the holiday or anniversary so it went at the end of the arc so don't feel bad about that.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Ah, I guess that's a good idea as well! The next volume should end soon anyway so I guess it might fit in there quite well ... Thanks for the suggestion! :blob_aww:
    Managed to hit my word count goal last month but at what cost? :sweating_profusely: Now, there are 12 chapters left to edit which roughly comes up to 15k words and they all read like MTL thanks to speech-to-text screwing me over :blob_teary:
    That moment when you check your word count and realize you have to write 7k words each day until the end of the month to still make your goal :blob_ghost: It'd be easier if I didn't still have other work to do and wasn't feeling like shit but I guess I can only try to write as much as I can today ... :sweating_profusely:
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    *huggles*
    Hope you manage to do it while taking care of yourself, Yansusu!
    I feel like I haven't seen you in ages.
    QwQ

X
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Thanks, Nahrenne! And that feeling is probably right. I've had a really, really bad year. I'll already be happy if I get out of this without developing depression. Being online makes it worse so I'm staying away unless I gotta vent about the small annoyances that pile on :blob_cringe:
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    *gives you lots of flapjacks*
    Just remember that your health come first.
    Sorry to hear you've had a really bad year.
    :blob_pat_sad:

X
    If you pay for the Amazon Prime subscription, you get the great opportunity to borrow movies from the shop for just a dollar. How awesome! I mean, it's not like I'm already paying for the subscription or anything ...
    Reactions: Nhatduongg
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    >if you pay

you failed your first step already chief.

ElliePorter
    ElliePorter
    With the acquisition of MGM Media... Amazon Prime's variety is getting more bigger and bigger.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Truth be told, I'm having immense trouble finding good stuff on Amazon Prime but I guess that's more of the fault of the awful search system I guess than the variety they offer in general. Hard to say though.
    @BenJepheneT, I don't pirate if there's an easy and legal way to get stuff. I'm a creative myself so I feel I should do my part to honor the work of other creatives.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…