LWFlouisa
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• In this conlang, going to refine the neo pronouns a little bit.
    Reactions: Wretch
    Wretch
    Wretch
    Where did you learn to conlang? I've been curious for a while.
    LWFlouisa
    LWFlouisa
    Currently I'm just playinf around with it and seeing what works. What I'm doing is similar how English has a lot of French words. But in this case, it's French with a lot of Japanese words. With r pronounced like a d, w like v, and e like an oo. And a few other differences.
    I have mixed feelings about historical fiction. On one hand I really want to meet Ann Frank, and key figures. And yet, in general the biggest difference between Dark Fantasy and Historical fiction, some element of it really happened. And that's always tended to make it feel more depressing.
    Wretch
    Wretch
    Have you ever read Les Miserables? I don't care for the movies or plays but the book is pretty dark... I couldn't read the whole thing. It gave me a new perspective on the French Revolution. That and few others that detailed what happened then.
    LWFlouisa
    LWFlouisa
    Actually there were several French Revolutions. The one referred to in that was was the second or third one.
    Wretch
    Wretch
    hmmm, I'm not good at French history as I tend to singlemindedly focus on one culture at a time. Haven't gotten to France yet.
    Don't you love it when you discover something that can improve your art style, and you just hadn't noticed it?

In this case, it's doing background art for comics. I'm realizing how useless deviantart tutorials are now.
    Reactions: Ethereal
    Assurbanipal_II
    Assurbanipal_II
    What do you mean?
    LWFlouisa
    LWFlouisa
    Well I decided to ahead and try out sequential art in the way I always wanted to, rather than going with a style some random people on Tapastic or Inkblazers necessarily approves of.

Even if that means drawing full illustration sized drawings, and scaling it down to panel size.
    But seriously, I hate pitchwars. Their guidelines are impossible. And they have inconsistent standards not applied to the rest of twitter. Ex. normally you can like a post even when you're not an agent / editor. But for whatever reason, the opposite is the case in pitchwars. That makes it absolutely confusing.
    I think historical fiction ought to be called something else besides historical honestly. Especially with the changes some writers make.
    Wretch
    Wretch
    Too true, Historical Fantasy is more like it. heeh
    Excuse me pitch wars, 30K is a novella. Not a novelette. Do people fact check these things?
    tiaf
    tiaf
    :blob_neutral:That's why I don't engage in such debates. I don't know and don't pretend to know.
    Man Twitter makes my worldview so salty.
    Reactions: Ethereal and ohko
    LWFlouisa
    LWFlouisa
    Well to put it simply, I'm watching yet another youtube apocalypse unfold. I hope it's not true, but went ahead and moved my content to my own site, as ... honestly when it becomes an environment of finger pointing, everything else just kind of dissolves.

It was a mistake to every put anything on youtube honestly. And this environment seems to have carried over into twitter.
    Reactions: ohko
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    Don't Twitter politics basically crawl in a fetal position to kiss their own ass
    LWFlouisa
    LWFlouisa
    Yea that's about the size of it, and it stinks.
    I'll finish this new chapter later, I think I'm in the poetry mindset again. With the exceptions of verse novels, poetry and fiction are largely different disciplines.
    Reactions: ohko and HURGMCGURG
    HURGMCGURG
    HURGMCGURG
    I will wish you luck.
    What's your most loved poem type?
    Mine is the haiku.
    LWFlouisa
    LWFlouisa
    I like hybrid poetry personally: I like blending Haiku, Flamenco, Fado ( if I can find the syllabic form for it ), and Alexandrine line. I ended up writing something that's even longer than an Alexandrine at one point. You might notice most of these forms are either French, Spanish, or Portuguese as well.
    Sense I'm rennovating my website anyway, I decided to tweak it to be more like nightmode standard.
    Did I ever mention I do AI on the side? It just rarely comes up on writing sites ( in the usual case. )
    ohko
    ohko
    Oh, fancy!
    Assurbanipal_II
    Assurbanipal_II
    You have to take everything there cum grano salis as the Romans used to say. :blob_evil_two:
    I think if it becomes legalized, I might try experimenting with cannabis seeds in a Chia pets later.
    ohko
    ohko
    Chia pets?
    LWFlouisa
    LWFlouisa
    Yea where you can grow bean sprouts on clay figurines.
    Found the music tracks I want: I'm into Japanese, Latin, and Lusophone ( sometimes absorbed into Latin ), music. Francophone is good too.
    Partially through a spin off story based off the ending of my GameLit. Still playing on the merger of Medieval Fantasy and Cyberpunk science fiction. Millie is going to be fleshed out further in this story, and isn't just Nadine's lover.
    So yea Mike Mars turns out to be this amazing guy, and was able to find copies of old stories I submitted to his mag. So I've successfully archived all my old short stories.
    Me getting into writing ended up being a massive rabbit hole, and what I had originally wanted to do was comics / graphic novels.
    Reactions: Nahrenne and ohko
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    'o'

Do you still hold such aspirations, or are you more into writing now?

X
    LWFlouisa
    LWFlouisa
    I'm thinking of going for both actually.
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    'o'
    Oh!
    Then, I wish you luck in your endeavours!

X
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…