yansusustories
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I love all my projects but it's so nice to just take the time and write something only for myself every once in a while that isn't subject to the schedule :blob_melt:
    "Oh, I got a new email!" <- Me, ten seconds after sending notes on my phone from one account to another so I can open them on my laptop. Clearly, my memory is lackluster :sweat_smile:
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    ... People do that? I mean, if you don't have people to have conversations with who are you going to ... 'brag' about having a conversation with? Can you brag about having conversations? :blob_blank:
    D
    Deleted member 54065
    I know it's weird, but I do that...

Though to have something to show to others when I'm using an alibi not to go out. 😂🤣
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    ... It's indeed weird. But you know, as a not-so-social person myself, I can actually get behind that reason :sweat_smile:
    The nice thing about being unable to properly count is that sometimes, you surprise yourself. On that note: Only two more chapters for me to finally catch up to all of my releases! :blob_aww: (Still 20k words behind this month's word count goal though :sweat_smile:)
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Haha, and yet, I always sit here and beat myself up over not having done enough. Is that toxic productivity yet? Or me simply not doing a good job as a self-employed writing person with a short attention span? :sweat_smile: But I guess you might still win that bet, Ben :blobrofl:
    D
    Deleted member 54065
    It's the start, so you better give credit where it's due and take a break that you deserve. Having a goal (like that to-do list last time) helps a lot.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    It does! honestly, I don't think I would have been able to finish catching up this month if not for that. I'm so happy ~ :blob_aww:
    Personal pet peeve of mine: Readers (especially those who dabble in writing) saying something like "no effort was put into this story". Even if they think it is shit (and they could do better), that doesn't mean the author wasn't slaving away for dozens of hours. The perceived quality doesn't directly translate to the effort put into a creative work. It's a pity I see this sentiment around so often on the forums.
    SailusGebel
    SailusGebel
    As I said, this phrase can have different meanings. This phrase can also show that a reader has really liked the story, and in his\her opinion, there was a lot of wasted potential. The reader wants the story to be better, get more popular, and so on.
    SailusGebel
    SailusGebel
    The overbearing passion + being overwhelmed with emotions might result in them using this phrase. Because it's an idiom that is easy to recall and because, in their head, this phrase has a meaning they imply, not an author's meaning.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    If the context makes it clear that they mean something else, that's not what I am talking about at all. I am only referring to people who are trying to judge the effort put into a story based on the story itself.
    Out of the last six days, five were good. The one that wasn't involved a doctor's visit. Are to-do lists really this magical? Guess I should have tried them out sooner ... Anyway, onto the next chapters! I still gotta do at least two today and I am ambitiously aiming for three :blob_paint:
    Aaqil
    D
    Deleted member 54065
    Ah, pretty noisy and rowdy in the house too?

It's really a bummer, but yeah, you're doing great, so keep it up.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    No, it's more that I don't want to disturb everyone else. Like, I also wouldn't talk loudly while somebody is sleeping next door so not dictating is kind of the same. But yeah, anyway, I'm also happy with how it is for the time being. I guess when I manage to get used to this app, maybe I can slowly start to introduce times as well :blob_aww:
    Excited for today because I get to strike stuff off my to-do list. I suddenly feel like I have the personality of a dog ... :sweat_smile: On the bright side though: It's probably a fluffy dog's personality ~ :blob_aww:
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Yes, that's what I meant! And that sounds awesome! I'm sure your readers will love it ~ And good luck with the illustrations. I can't draw for the life of me so it always seems like a really difficult thing to me but I'm sure it's worth all the effort when you have something that really represents your story :blob_aww:
    D
    Deleted member 54065
    Once I have time I'll give you a free illust from your own work.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Ah, no, no, don't worry about it! I can't draw at all but my photo editing skills are getting better so I usually just use that to get to something I'm satisfied with. You should use your time on your own stuff. It's a limited resource anyway :blob_blank:
    Had a dream tonight in which a scale showed me that I pretty much doubled my weight. Stepped onto my actual scale highly concerned after waking up ... only to find out I weigh pretty much the same as before. I could still stand to lose a kg or two but I guess that's not as immediately needed as I thought :sweat_smile:
    I'm flooded by work but I really want to start another playthrough of Skyrim (not that I ever finished a single one ...) and mod the shit out of it to the point where I can hardly recognize the thing. Ah, it's hard to be a responsible human being :blob_pout:
    Erys
    Erys
    Why not both? Play Skyblivion.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Well, for me, with open-world games, the most fun are quests and character interactions so that's what I'd go for, I think. So, add some places, characters, and quests.
    And mostly finish the main questline which I guess is killing Alduin but I never got that far :blobrofl: And I suddenly see why I never manage to finish the main game if I look at my mod choices :sweat_smile:
    longer
    longer
    Alduin is very unimpressive for someone who claims that he can end the world
    Earning money for next month on the last day of this month so I won't need to work on some days and can focus on writing. Ah, July sure is looking good ~ :blob_aww:
    Just saw the thread about reviews and had to sigh. Over 2 accounts, I have 24 stories (16 completed), but 12 reviews (11 on my 1st, 1 on my 2nd), 7 by one person. I'm not sure if it's the genre (but the 2nd account has het and GL without reviews too) or I'm too bad an author to elicit engagement but it's one of the reasons I'm unmotivated to post.
    Anyway, I'll go and write the next chapter for the 2nd account now ...
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    ... In case somebody was wondering: Yes, I am having a bad day so I'm needlessly salty about everything. I should probably get off the internet for a while ... :blob_blank:
    greyblob
    greyblob
    you've completed 16 novels. that's already a monumental achievement. not to mention you've got a loyal fan base. the thing is you can never predict what's gonna stick and what's gonna flop. it's really odd
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    It's indeed! I'm doing slightly better today so now I can also see that. I should really implement a 'no internet'-rule for myself when in that mood, lol
    You know, sometimes I wish authors had the guts to make their main characters in a romance story downright assholes instead of trying to paint them as good guys by making the other love interest have some serious issue.
    Oreo
    Oreo
    To make an MC rootable is to attain higher administrative privileged controls carefully.
    Paul_Tromba
    Paul_Tromba
    Do what Konosuba did with Kazuma and Megumin. Kazuma is a jerk that is disliked by most people because of his perverted and asshole reputation. However, he still cares about people and does his best to make sure that everything goes well. Even going so far as to encourage Megumin's love for her craft until she eventually shows a natural progression of feelings from being friendly to being romantic.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Wasn't I just off for a few hours to edit? :sweat_smile: Actually, I'm simply miffed because I feel the novel I'm reading is taking the easy way out with a preexisting relationship. I feel like the author might as well have made the ML a genuine asshole by being the reason instead of putting the black pot on the head of the other love interest. Just seems kinda cheap to me.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…