Scribble Hub Forum

Scribbler
Scribbler
Aaaand, even if the plot isn't original in the least bit, as long as you write it in your own voice then it will still seem original
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
These ones are being written for a Yuri Garden event that's happening soon, and I'll probably share them here once it's over. They're not stories based around the RPG concept, though - it's just that the stories they're taken from exist as RPGs my friend and I write. We have a lot of long-lasting games and, with the way we create and play them, they're basically collaborative stories.
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
I don't think many of them are cliche at all but they're limited to an audience of two because that's how they're designed.
Scribbler
Scribbler
Hmmmm, I see. And a little disappointed. Oh, wow, and only a two person.
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
@Scribbler I'll try and get the webnovels I had planned ready a little faster. They won't have the help of my friend's genius, but I'm quite proud of their world-building~!

Thank you for being so interested, though.
Scribbler
Scribbler
@Moonpearl I am interested, but honestly, I'm also intensely trying to not write even though I intensely want to write want to write at the same time, right now. But I am interested, truly, but honestly, I think a bunch of people would be, stuff like D&D is sooooo fun.
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
Oh, you're trying to procrastinate on writing? That's rare. Is there some reason for it?

And yeah, D&D is a lot of fun. I think there are several channels on Youtube that animate/narrate people's D&D adventures, and I always get hooked on them.
Scribbler
Scribbler
Yesssss, I love them too! Oh my god, I swear, I've probably watched them all, or at least all the popular ones.

I'll get to writing right now!
Scribbler
Scribbler
Screw that! I'm going for a run!
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
🤣 Are you stuck on a part of your story?
Scribbler
Scribbler
I cannot say I enjoy worldbuilding. It's by far the most boring part to me. What do you mean by your friend's genius?
Scribbler
Scribbler
I usually know the next couple of events that will happen in a story. It's probably my strongest skill in writing; plotting.
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
I like some bits of worldbuilding. Doing a lot of it is definitely a drag, but designing the bits that I feel inspired to work on is quite fun.
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
What I mean is that I won't be co-writing it with her, so it won't have her input. I think it's easier to push a story further when you have more than one mind working on it.
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
There are lots of things that she's better at than me, such as creating effective drama/tragedy out of comedy, character deaths, and letting "good" characters do uncomfortable or upsetting things even though it's not neat and tidy for us as authors. This time, I can only try to apply what I've learned from her to my story myself.

Plotting is fun, but I find it hard to do on my own.
Scribbler
Scribbler
I love hearing about you! You seem like such a nice person!
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
Thank you~! You're fun to talk with too.
Scribbler
Scribbler
It's not even about what you say, I love the way you say it. It's almost as if you're a real, living person. It's fascinating to me, how the way a person writes can sound like the way they talk, and how people can sound so different from each other.

Who is this friend of yours? They sound amazing! They have anything on scribblehub?
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
Thank you~! Yeah, it's really interesting the way speech varies without us really picking up on it as we talk.

She's my best friend that I've known from when we were kids. She's very cool~! Unfortunately she doesn't write outside of our games. She's tried a story once or twice before, but she loses confidence easily and gives up on it before she's really started.
Scribbler
Scribbler
!? You have to encourage her to unleash her potential! Think of the unlimited power!