Scribble Hub Forum

Zakuro
Zakuro
Bashfully.
Cipiteca396
Cipiteca396
Dealing with depressed people is a burden. Trying to lessen the seriousness of it is escapism- and at that point you should probably write about something else, no?
What you can do, is make something else about the story cute or not so serious. A good example might be Ancient Magus Bride... Maybe.
K5Rakitan
K5Rakitan
Depressed people often hide their depression well enough that dealing with them is not a burden, but they still feel like a burden to others.
gaylolis
gaylolis
when you're mentally unhinged enough, every mental health issues will become cute.

one good way to self-inflict mental harm is to farm artifacts in genshin impact.
Agentt
Agentt
@Cipiteca396
If it takes escapism to make people think that helping others just a bit can improve their mental health; then let it be so.
Agentt
Agentt
@K5Rakitan

For a normal person, dealing with a depressed person is equally, if not more burdening.

You have to censor your words, think before you make a joke, be vigilante for any signs and also deal with how massive tsunderes depressed people are.
Agentt
Agentt
I kind of want this story to be a little practical, so I won't be writing anything a common person wouldn't be able to do in his workplace or home
Agentt
Agentt
There's also the fact that I can't expect people to just be perfect therapist for every random person that walks by
Cipiteca396
Cipiteca396
I don't really get your point. Trying to make depression cute or funny is counterproductive to your stated goal. If you genuinely want to help, then don't belittle the situation.
Cipiteca396
Cipiteca396
If your story is a cute romp through the pixie filled flower fields and unicorn pastures, then let depression be the dragon. The one thing that's deadly serious in the entire story.
K5Rakitan
K5Rakitan
I guess I don't count as normal because I minored in psychology. All the same, depression is sometimes caused by circumstances but often a simple imbalance of neurotransmitters. If you know the circumstances, it's easier to avoid talking about those things.
K5Rakitan
K5Rakitan
If you're not close to the person, they often won't even tell you about their depression in the first place. If they tell you, you can ask them if there is anything that would make interacting with you more enjoyable, any triggers to avoid. You can also apologize for not knowing much about depression and invite them to stop you from talking if you get into sensitive territory.
Agentt
Agentt
You are indeed correct here in saying you and me aren't normal because you did a minor in psychology and I am currently a psychology student.

Just like how a surgeon isn't considered normal when we say a normal person doesn't know how to remove the appendix.