Scribbler
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• yo I wrote ten pages yo I wrote some more yo I don't know how to write yo I wish to write like this guy-

fucken write man
    I wonder how long I'll be writing short stories before I write a long one... :blob_hmm_two:
    Devils.Advocate
    Devils.Advocate
    :blob_sir:
    I am writing them.. :blob_evil_two:
    last time I posted one chap at a time got up to chap.... 10 and fell out of love with it

so this time I will do all 12 chap tie up the ending, revise the beginning so I can bookend vol one with an epilogue. then id publish it as I work on vol 2 :blob_shade:
    Devils.Advocate
    Devils.Advocate
    oh I deleted my first novel.
    Devils.Advocate
    Devils.Advocate
    there are things I wanna keep in new book. so doing a second run up.
    I regularly teeter between thinking I can and can't write.
    Devils.Advocate
    Devils.Advocate
    I find that in practice, it easier to think I can't write and then go on and write.

on the othe hand, thinkin I can write and then not write, the feels is much worst

that is why I only ever show writing in my skill list when I am actually writing.
    Scribbler
    Scribbler
    For me, I don't write if I don't think I can, and I write if I think I can. No offense, but that sounds far more normal.
    It takes great courage to be brave. But it takes even greater reason to retain that braveness. I'm afraid I have no reason to be brave. Will I forever remain a coward?
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    chicken little dared to fuck a duck. that's enough reason to go through whatever it is you're going through
    Scribbler
    Scribbler
    I'll be honest @BenJepheneT , I don't understand anything you say, and I think you're absolutely insane.
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    Absolutely
    I want to emulate Stephen King so bad...
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    he went through a rehad, a friend's death, a cat's death, drugs, more deaths, maybe a falling out with his wife and a son in order to get to where he was

before the Stephen King we have now he wrote The Dark Tower. he wrote a lot of intense and thorough emotions in a lot of words, but concise isn't one of them.

point is, do drugs and stay literate.
    Scribbler
    Scribbler
    Honestly, he isn't concise, but it isn't like Tolkien, where he described the scenery to death. I never got tired or bored of reading King's words, they always felt necessary to me. I'm sure Tolkien's were necessary too though, in the sense that it was very immersive, I should really try and get back into those books.
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    Problem was that Tolkien was writing something not part of the world. In fact, reading his shit before watching the movies was hard. I thought hobbits lived like racoons before the movies showed me they were more like studio apartments under mountains. He needed to describe like hell in order to get his scenary and imagination across.
    Right as I'm about to break, I rise to greater, newer strength
    Devils.Advocate
    Devils.Advocate
    just as the world whispered the words, "it's impossible", "be realistic" and "despair"; you found "hope", "imagination" and "innovation"
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    Tyler the Creator's daughter's hymen be like
    The more you love reading, the better your writing will be
    taesijr123
    taesijr123
    Me too...
    If only reading actually help your writing LUL.
    Scribbler
    Scribbler
    Guys, obviously I was joking!
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    nah bro, in some cases reading does help you in writing. you learn their mistakes and shortcomings or their strengths and incorporate them into your own story via your own individual style.

i just can't seem to find any of those as im too engrossed into reading the damn thing
    Trying to figure out a character's name
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    Hmm...
    ...does it begin with an S?
    'o'

X
    Scribbler
    Scribbler
    lol, if only it were that simple. I think I've decided on one, though. I was a tad hesitant on it because it's the name of a character in a book I hate, but the name fits regardless!
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    Well, perhaps the character you make with it will help you no longer have negative emotions towards the name.
    *huggles*

X
    When you write the best thing you've ever written and think to yourself, I'll never write anything better and ask yourself, did I just fuck myself?
    Dountmindme
    Dountmindme
    How come I never got read that in middle school?
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    The girl is a deity-esque person called Echo.
    She was tasked with distracting Hera while Zeus was having a fling with another woman.
    When Hera found out, she cursed Echo to become invisible and could only repeat what others said.
    [tbc]

X
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    Echo saw Narcissus lazing by a pool and made a noise when rustling in some bushes.
    Narcissus woke up and asked who was there - to which she echoed back.
    He then saw his reflection in the pool and fell in love with himself.

X
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…