Scribble Hub Forum

BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
Generational gap is a thing, you know. It's not their privilege but bridging that space and meeting halfway would definitely lead to a healthier parent-child relationship.

Old people are still just people; ones that make mistakes just like you.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
>inb4 someone barges in with a niche, extreme, personal example that crosses respect and goes straight to abuse/neglect

"Well what if my dad used to beat me with the blunt end of an axe as a teen for being gay how bout' that???"

I'll inform you when your gold victim Olympics medal arrives
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Blaming older generations and avoiding responsibility has become more prevalent in recent times.

Personally, I blame bad parenting...
Anon2024
Anon2024
The only thing I blame on the older generation is how half of them allowed and cheered on for the government to get huge, but my parents aren’t at fault.
DonHon
DonHon
This is why i encourage the uses of the belt as a weapon
owotrucked
owotrucked
Yes, I bridge family relationships by setting it on fire first, because real people don't undergo character growth arc and civilized dialogue is too weak to break the status quo. People don't change unless they hit some rockbottoms
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
@owotrucked My ideal would be to talk and set certain boundaries and start small and maintain discipline but I guess it's a case of different folks different strokes.
owotrucked
owotrucked
That's a great ideal, as you say meeting halfway would be a great result. In practice I think there's a more complex negotiation about how much both parties are ready to yield to each other. What if your parents are entitled to demanding more than halfway from your subjective standpoint? Sure breaking off relationship before trying is stupid
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
Or you know, the parents can just do a grand move and save money for themselves while ensuring hell for their kids?

In the past, raising kids is a move for the parents to ensure their retirement. Nowadays, kids aren't that necessary for that anymore.
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
If the kids can threaten to throw their parents into old folks home, the parents can set an ultimatum to liquidate all their assets and not leave a single cent to them. If you can't live in peace, live in the threat of mutual destruction then.
Reactions: melchi
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
Like how most parents of my age do, "I can bring you to this world and I can take you out of it."