BenJepheneT
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I always imagined magic runes to be like code programming. The whole rune is intricate, but 60% of the symbols are redundant and removing any one aspect wrecks the spell. An apprentice adds a few ink droplets for efficiency but now everyone's scrambling the archives because no one knows why the portal to hell isn't closing and erasing the prior drops doesn't work.
    Reactions: Paul_Tromba
    Aaqil
    Aaqil
    I don't really think it's simple, just that it's supposed to make sense, :blob_hmm_two: :blob_cookie:
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    for me, i've always written grounded, "man vs world" type personal stories, so seeing magic as incomprehensible coding makes it a great deal more interesting. magic being handwaved around as simple as The Force feels like a cop-out to me, like wanting a good steak without the grease.
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    not saying the latter can't be had, but if so, you gotta make sure magic doesn't become the forefront of your story. don't expect me to invest a whole lot in your tale when you treat your one-note magic system as a deus ex machina.
    watching The Boys and reading The Boys are two very surrealistic experiences. one is a modern-day superhero-themed corporate espionage thriller that DOESN'T suck and the other is an edgefest finely tuned to cater my tastes whose writing has highs as soaring as its lows descend.

i never interacted with a franchise as bipolar and as incredibly unique admidst an oversaturated (understatement) troupe as this
    • Haha
    Lorelliad
    Lorelliad
    It was perfect. Perrrrfect. Down to the last minute details.
    i think about suicide multiple times a day, but without the depressing connotation. they're just the simple ideas of "what if's" floating around my head, like just laying down on the tracks as the automated train arrives, or downing painkillers and cutting open an artery on my thigh and letting it bleed. i don't feel sad or impotent, it's just this compulsion to "do it".
    owotrucked
    owotrucked
    Ben resisting the masculine urge to chug 2 pints of saturated salt water.

There's a commonly known phenomenon where ppl experience the impulse to jump off high place. Maybe its similar
    T.K._Paradox
    T.K._Paradox
    This is an actual common phenomenon called, 'The call of the void', a major study was done by French researchers into this.
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    If I had one chance in life and I got born as a cheese eating surrender monkey I'd jump into the void too
    Today my employer asked for my presence in private at his office and discussed the Instagram status I made this morning where I shot a video of myself saying "another day, another paycheck", picked up my Deagle replica, and sighed, "welp, back to the abortion clinic" and how it'll affect the company's image.

I'm on part-time work for a packing warehouse. What image?

And how the fuck did he find my Instagram handle?
    Today was the day I realized going out alone to watch movies is considered "weird" and "strange" to the general public, as many people who replied to my Instagram status proclaimed

Is it odd to enjoy a movie in solitude amongst othe nameless strangers?
    Anon2024
    Anon2024
    It’s why streaming is so popular.
    Ai-chan
    Ai-chan
    You go out to watch a movie alone? Like, you actually chose to go out to watch a movie alone? At a cinema? Did you go the whole mile and bought popcorn and drinks too?

That's very weird, you strange person.
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    It's not like I mind sharing a cinema with my friends either. It's fun seeing varied reactions to exciting scenes from em' as we watch together. I just don't go out of my way to invite them with me unless I know one of them have been itching to catch a newest installment/chasing this particular director.
    I know parents can be overbearing at times but holy fuck, gen z are threatening to throw their old folks into a nursing home for any microaggression they commit. And everytime you mention filial piety they go "well I never asked to be here I don't owe em shit". Unless you're Harry potter and Ur parents stuck u in a closet then I get it but Christ, have at least a bit of gratitude.

They're still family in the end.
    owotrucked
    owotrucked
    It depends on the age range but I think some of the gen Z are already past independance, so it's difficult to threaten them. If we're talking about the young ones, you can pull an order 66 lol
    melchi
    melchi
    There are some circumstances where it just gets to much. If your spouse has end stage dimentia what options are there?
    NotaNuffian
    NotaNuffian
    So the root of the problem is always understanding.

Or be like the governments' teachings; blame it on the outside people, not on the hands that feed you.
    I sometimes wake up in mild sweat remembering that any competent college chemistry professor just casually carries the general recipe to methamphetamine in their heads wherever they go like a fanny pack or their wallets, but it's instead the literal instructions to committing class B felony
    • Haha
    Cipiteca396
    Cipiteca396
    If you're worried about meth, then you clearly don't know the sorts of recipes that are really hiding in a chemistry professor's mind.:s_smile:
    Paul_Tromba
    Paul_Tromba
    It's not that bad.
    I got a new job after I was laid off from my last two (both company/tuition centre collapsed). I'm now working as a promoter at a dead end stall in a dying mall. Doesn't pay as much, but now I'm literally in charge of squatting at a desk for 12 hours a day and dealing with 1-2 inquiries AT MOST. I can literally draw/game on the job and still get paid by the end of the week. Why I didn't start sooner, I have no idea.
    i was invited to a discord roast battle where i told a black guy that "if you were the one that fell into harambe's enclosure, they would've shot the right ape."

i wasn't invited back since.
    >make a movie in 2009
    >smash hit, #1 Box Office record
    >no one remembers it
    >go off the grid
    >come back 14 years later for a sequel
    >everyone clowns on it for being a fluke, will mostly likely be a financial bust
    >proceeds to rape the box office and goes on track to surpass the first movie

I sometimes think maintaining a sexy female physique is harder than getting buff. For the latter, you just schedule/plan your meals and lift heavy. For the former, you not only have to do those, but the process is so fucking complicated compared to the linear progression of "get bigger". There's like 20 different exercises for ass shapes, and if you miss one day out of the two year process, you're out of OF top 20%.
    Anon2024
    Anon2024
    Um... there are some girls who don't work out and have really good body types... it's also sometimes just lucky genetics. For men... 95% of the muscle has to be earned.
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    @Anon2021 that's just a really roundabout way or saying both men and women have demographics where they're simply born with good physique. muscular or hourglass, most of the population still has to earn that shit.
    CarburetorThompson
    CarburetorThompson
    Life hack get a job where you can wear a boiler suit and a baggy jacket, so no matter what body type you are you just end up looking like some grunt in a James Bond film.
    • Haha
    Reactions: tiaf
    I fucking hate pedophiles man. Back then, "your daughter is so cute, she'll definitely be attractive when she grows up" was an innocent compliment. Thanks to kid diddlers it's now a stranger danger alarm.
    Cipiteca396
    Cipiteca396
    "Aw-"
    *Sirens*
    Jet
    Jet
    Our sick society doesn't even allow an adult to have a convo with a kid. It's not like everything revolves around sex. Men don't seem as obsessed with it as women do to begin with.
    Ai-chan
    Ai-chan
    Ai-chan thinks it's more that Americans find everything wrong with everything and decided that nothing is innocent. Then they exported that philosophy to the rest of the world and people misunderstood that it's the superior philosophy. If we just reject American culture of religiously stereotyping and attacking people for conforming to a certain trait, we'd all be better off.
    every once in a while I remember that westerners dry wipe their ass with tissue paper after taking a shit and I gloat in absolute pride as my cheeks drip wet from the luxury that is a bidet hose
    I've just crossed 1000 hours played for GTA Online. Is it healthy? I don't know anymore, it's pretty much part of my lifestyle to at least deliver 3 crates to my warehouse once a day.
    i found a new hobby of singing japanese pop songs in an early 2000s pop-punk lead singer accent.

i would sing "kotowaru" as "koutouweirou" while heavily emphasising each syllable and at least spitting once per word.

just imagine 30 seconds to mars singing yoasobi's Into the Night
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…