Scribble Hub Forum

greyblob
greyblob
not in the beginning no.
Corty
Corty
Glossary is a good thing if you are doing a LONG book. I use it so I can keep track of systems, characters, etc. So if I bring back a character that was there 30-40 chapters ago, I can simply go look up his/her name, etc.

For me, its best usage is to keep track of characters when doing a book I plan to pass 200 chapters with. I would forget less important side characters with my scatterbrain. :blob_sweat:
mitkopom
mitkopom
mitkopom
mitkopom
RE to @Corty and greyblob:"Glossary is a good thing if you are doing a LONG book" I have 108 k words and it is half away arc 1. and I am planning arc 2. Is it long or short book you reckon?
greyblob
greyblob
i don't disagree but if you have less than 10k words, putting the glossary's efforts into writing would be more productive
Corty
Corty
Do it if you are in for the long haul. That is a length where you can already have some instances when you have to search previous chapters to fact-check yourself.

I started doing glossaries because it was a much faster way to check my previous points in the story and not contradict myself.