Scribble Hub Forum

Nahrenne
Nahrenne
They probably think the horror is being the neko/bottom/shou in the pairing, and are scared of what the pain would be like if things aren't done properly.
They probably also feel that it emasculates them for possibly taking on the 'female' role and not getting to stick their own manhood inside - which defeats the point of the male organ existing, etc...
These are just hypothetical reasons, though.
'-'

X
  • Haha
Reactions: Yorda
AliceShiki
AliceShiki
I honestly think their dislike towards yaoi is mostly irrational tbh. Like, they just see two men liking each other and instantly shy away from it due to being used to staying away from anything that might label them as gay due to societal pressures labeling that as a bad thing.

I doubt most yaoi haters ever tried to rationalize their hate.
Reactions: tiaf
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
'-'
I see.
I guess irrationality does play a large part in a lot of homophobic people these days.

X
AliceShiki
AliceShiki
I dunno, yaoi is basically shoujo, so it should be easily relatable for anyone that enjoys shoujo IMO...
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
I feel that the romance and social situations feel more real and genuine in yaoi stories than in shoujo ones.
The protagonists usually have a brain and a backbone in yaoi's, compared with the constant misunderstandings and lack of confidence that a lot of shoujo heroines tend to have.
That, plus you get to think of two very handsome men instead of a girl being in the way of your imagination!
:blob_melt:

X
AliceShiki
AliceShiki
Well, the more well-made shoujos usually don't have the weird misunderstandings that happen because there neither party bothers with having 5s of proper conversation... >.>

And I prefer GL exactly because there are two girls in it! I usually prefer the stories without males involved! xD
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
In other words, het stories tend to be bland.
'-'

X
AliceShiki
AliceShiki
Not quite, there are plenty of good het stories... The problem aren't those, the problem are the mediocre het stories.

There are plenty of mediocre wish-fulfilling het stories with perfect MLs or the ruthless guy that only has a soft-heart for the MC and only her.

In homo stories the author tends to develop both characters, so the mediocre ones tend to be better than the mediocre het stories.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
Mm...
I suppose a good het romance I read was The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage.
Not perfect, but the characters all are very well-developed with good reasoning behind why they act the way they do.
'-'
I recommend it if you haven't already read it.

X
AliceShiki
AliceShiki
Ah... This title just triggers all my internal warnings... It's the kind of thing I don't even look at the synopsis... I'm sure I wouldn't like it.

Besides, I barely read any novels nowadays, I'm mostly on mangas now~
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
'o'

Mind telling me what parts trigger you?
|.o)

X
AliceShiki
AliceShiki
The Malicious, Empress, Military and Lineage parts all trigger red alerts to me.

Pretty sure this will make the MC someone that was reborn in the past with knowledge about all her political enemies and will then start killing them to get advantage while also involving in succession disputes and maybe wars and what not.

All a bunch of things I have no interest in reading at all...
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
Mm, more that she works to ensure her immediate family don't get plotted against or killed off, as well as to ensure she doesn't marry the Prince who ordered her 'suicide' after he'd finished using her for all she was worth.
[split due to character limit]

X