Scribble Hub Forum

Yorda
Yorda
Different sources state the death rate to be somewhere around 1-4%, but those numbers are considering that the patients had testing, sought help, had doctors and nurses, and had access to medicine, hospitals, and respirators. The virus is highly contagious and in the case where hospitals are overloaded the death rate can increase drastically up to 50% with older generations most at risk.
Yorda
Yorda
That's what I feel at least looking at Italy's numbers. 1000 deaths 1200 recoveries as of now. Those numbers are not reassuring in the case of an uncontrolled contagion.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I don't trust China's reported numbers on anything.
Yorda
Yorda
I also believe that this is the beginning of a world-wide economic depression unless an effective vaccine can be provided to the public quickly. The long wait for a vaccine considering the damage the virus has already done is such a short time period, overburdened healthcare systems, and nationwide lockdowns are my main concerns.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
'-'
Britain's enforced delay measures where if you find yourself with so much as a cough or a small sniffle, you should stay at home for a whole week just in case.
The next stage is quarantine, I think, but the situation hasn't reached that point just yet.

X
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
? Very random Yorda spontainously appearing. :blob_evil_two:
  • Haha
Reactions: Yorda
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
"How goes Italy? I think that Italy is only the second of many countries that will be imposing heavy quarantine measures in the future "

No need for in the future. The measures are already there.

"I don't trust China's reported numbers on anything."

I doubt them too together with the US numbers. Japans are suspicious as well.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
"I also believe that this is the beginning of a world-wide economic depression unless an effective vaccine can be provided to the public quickly. The long wait for a vaccine considering the damage the virus has already."

The economists are just whining and complaining as usual. This isn't a financial crisis inherent to the system, but a temporary decrease of offer and demand.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Stupid 420 signs limit.
Yorda
Yorda
"? Very random Yorda spontainously appearing. :blob_evil_two: "
I appear like the wind and when you least expect it. Ohohoho
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
"I appear like the wind and when you least expect it. Ohohoho "

Hmmm ... In that case.

*huggling Yorda*

\(^o^)/
Yorda
Yorda
Ah! Huggling me so I can't escape! :blob_hmph:
Any more huggling and I'll accuse you of being lewd. Lewd police, lewd police, there's a perpetrator right here! :blob_cringe:
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
'-'
Yo-chan doesn't like me huggling?
QwQ

...x...
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Yush, huggle your friends, but huggle your favorite villainess even more. Hohoho.

\(^o^)/
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
*huggles you all*

\(^o^)/

X
Yorda
Yorda
I'm alright with the huggling. Sometimes I like to insert stuff like, "Whoa, watch where you place your hands when huggling!", for comedic effect.
NiQuinn
NiQuinn

If you got the time, watch this
NiQuinn
NiQuinn
Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) among other things
NiQuinn
NiQuinn
Here's a (kinda) short vid