Nahrenne
*tilts head*
'-'
*doesn't get what the point you're trying to make is*
'-'

X
weakwithwords
weakwithwords
Ah, that was just small talk. Nothing serious. No particular point. I would "whisper" otherwise.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
'-'
I see.
*thinks www is a bit weird*
'-'

X
weakwithwords
weakwithwords
I'm not weird, weird, weird. I'm just bored. Can't even finish crafting a single chapter.

Adventum rules don't fit with either of the two stories (autobio or fanfic) that I had been mulling over before.

Thus, I am making a new one, but the new one isn't cooperating and doesn't want to be conceptualized easily.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
Which theme are you picking for it?
|.o)

X
weakwithwords
weakwithwords
Going by priority: 3, 2, 1 with the last two being optionally optional and 1 being more optional than 2.

What sliver of creativity I might have get siphoned to things like what I recently posted in the Last to Comment Wins thread.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
Well, what kind of setting/world do you want?
Futuristic?
Medieval-fantasy?
Ancient?
Supernatural?
Modern world like Harry Potter where non-magic people don't know about it?
Multi-planet universe?
'-'

X
weakwithwords
weakwithwords
Probably focus on one part of one world. Magic like magic from magical girls and maybe steampunk tech. No humanoids. Setting is undecided. Don't know yet what to start with and how to set up and resolve conflicts. I want slice-of-life style if possible.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
Hmm, how about a world like in Tiger and Bunny?
'-'

X
weakwithwords
weakwithwords
Tiger and Bunny is too visual-oriented. I enjoyed watching it, but it's doubtful if it had been something only to be read. What made you think of that show from what I enumerated earlier? (edit: I think I just understood.)

Ah, important fact. I've only ever narrative essays in school. I have yet to write an actual story. There are many aspects I will have yet to learn.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
How about a Psycho-Pass kind of world?
Or a DC/Marvel kind of world?
*doesn't really know what you want to do*
@w@

X
weakwithwords
weakwithwords
Since you've been mentioning cartoons and comics, then I suppose the nearest similarity would be Angel Beats.

If you were PsyDuck, you'd be triggered by now. ^,^' Sorry.

I'm worrying that I'll write myself into a corner within a few chapters (if I ever get over the first one) with how flimsy my setup currently is.

Oh, I'm just sharing/venting. You hearing me out is plenty supportive already.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
Unfortunately, I've never watched Angel Beats and - fortunately - I'm not a pokemon.
Perhaps you're having difficulty because the third theme is quite vague, whereas the second and first at least give a starting point...kind of.
'-'

X
weakwithwords
weakwithwords
It's never too late to watc- become a pokemon.

Territorial management makes me think of go, Hikaru no Go. The few webnovs I read is interesting at the start, gets boring in the early middle, so I never get to the end.

The most memorable example for me for theme 2 is re:monster.

Magic (Index) & scence (Railgun) are at odds so they aren't a combination in that multi-series.

Does our own world history have an mc?
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
I suppose you could try something like what Greedfall did whereby your main character is on a colonising expedition in a new world/country/island that has some natives. The MC's job is to help establish a colony/relationship with the locals while dealing with numerous factions from where they came from.
The magic + technology could be either based on the natives way of life, or it's the norm everywhere.
'-'

X