Scribble Hub Forum

Saileri
Saileri
I wonder what's the F/M author ratio there. Like 80/20 or more?
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
@Saileri I have no idea... I feel like most of the people I looked through were men, but they also tended to write non-trans Gender Bender instead of "real" yuri.
tiaf
tiaf
That’s so weird. If you want to write gay love than have the guts to make the characters lesbian/gay from the start ヽ(`Д´)ノ
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
@tiaf I'm personally picky about GB too, to be honest. :blob_melt: I've heard some guys say that including it makes it easier for them to write yuri, because they don't know how to write real women. I've also heard some extreme weirdos use it a a "justification" for why the character likes women.
Reactions: tiaf
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
However, there are sometimes other, more legitimate reasons that people write non-trans GB yuri (?), so it has to be taken on a case-by-case basis.
Reactions: tiaf
Saileri
Saileri
In full honesty, if I was going to write GL, I can't see myself starting with a male character getting genderbent. Like, come on, why? How does that help the story? How does it establish the character? Besides the fact that a guy in the past is making advances on women. Or perhaps justifying the character being a pervert, but then, who says women can't be one.
Saileri
Saileri
When imagining it, I can actually see so many areas for possible mistakes it kinda deters me from GB. I mean, a "since forever" guy turns into a girl and what, he suddenly gets all knowledgeable about, let's say, his new body, the differences, and many more aspects.
Saileri
Saileri
Unless the trope is "male in female body" it just doesn't really work. There are so many occasions for slipups. Breaking out of character, making the psychological aspects forced, unnatural reactions, etc.
Saileri
Saileri
Don't get me wrong, a GB char and story is fine too, but in my eyes mostly if the story focuses on GB aspect and not only uses it as a way to make MC a girl. A lot of funny stuff can come out of MC's struggles with their new body and not being used to it, or even I don't know, some physiological phenomenons MC has not experienced as a man taking him by surprise. Should I believe he learns how to be a girl in a day?
Saileri
Saileri
Yes, I'm a degen who enjoys yuri theme, I even own a few physical books (with words, not lewd pictures). After reading one, which is a bundle of short romantic stories from a countrywide contest, I even considered writing one, but I never even thought about GB in that case.
Saileri
Saileri
Damned word limit.
Saileri
Saileri
Now I want to someday write a badass fem mc with a slight tinge of romance. Just for the challenge. And satisfaction. And so that I can write about a badass girl in suit or butler outfit. Fuck, they are so sexy.
gaylolis
gaylolis
i''m just there for the surreal comedy first, the gl is just a bonus
Saileri
Saileri
You should rename yourself to genderbentlolis then, @gaylolis :blob_okay:
gaylolis
gaylolis
i don't think i mentioned something about gender bend?
Saileri
Saileri
Well, since this whole discussion kinda went GB way, I assumed you referred to it with your comment. The surreal comedy thing of GB with GL just as a bonus.
gaylolis
gaylolis
oh, i only read the op post since it's too long. personally i don't really care if it's genderbend or not, as long it can interest me, make me laugh, and not have too much drama for my tastes.

and yeah, i do avoid the tragedy tag at all costs. i don't really like to read someone's suffering all the way through in stories.

...unless the tragedy is meant for a joke.