D4isuke
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I feel regret that I re-publishing my second work doesn't work... at least, I improved my editing on there.
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    Just relish in the fact that you've got it done. Let the result of your writing do the talking, not the stats it gets.
    Man, I wish I have some Paypal account to provide me some money for bidding a personal cover without retrieving the image from the Google Search
    I might think to delete my second story and repost it in mass release so that I can get more views and be exposed in appropriate time... not like I need it mostly, but I'm also afraid to lose two of my active readers.
    D4isuke
    D4isuke
    okay, I understand..... also, since I lived in SEA (GMT +8) time, when will be the best time to mass release? I also want to know when most readers will be active on the SH and RR site.
    Nanakawaichan
    Nanakawaichan
    RR readers is harsh. Seriously... Their review will rip your heart apart. Their lowest rating is 0,5, you must be prepared with destructive criticism and rant in the comments. If you are in a confusion or need support to write, don't post there yet. Concentrate on SH first. You can post there if you are mentally ready. For active readers try Friday around 07.00 PM - Saturday 03.00 AM GMT+8
    D4isuke
    D4isuke
    ok, I understand. Thanks for the advice :))
    Seeing 15 reader counts for constant 3 weeks makes me wanna quit writing since my second work (totally sucks and uninteresting?) I wanted to ignore the statistics, but looking at it makes me disappointing
    tiaf
    tiaf
    :blob_evil_two:Guess it’s your typical suffering MC who gets a golden finger and then beats them all.

It somewhat sounds cool but at the same time doesn’t tell me enough about your story to really hook me.
    D4isuke
    D4isuke
    @tiaf I think I would leave the reason as a mystery like a Shield Hero being accused of rape (even falsely) . or specifically—Satella in Re Zero world who threatens the whole world into ruins—something like that... if you get what I mean. I got my reasons on my worldbuilding guide, and I would reveal the reason once I hit the later chapters deeply and appropriately.
    tiaf
    tiaf
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if you want so. But you should at least state what your MC is going to to or what his occupation is (normal villager/transmigrated into a fantasy world to purge evil or smth like that)

A tiny clue at what I can expect from the story would be good. At this point, your whole story is so mysterious, that, I, as a reader wouldn’t know why I should read that.
    Lmao, I have no followers or friends around here. I guess I am a forever lone wolf
    How to have a best book cover?

*insert some thicc or cute waifu*

Now, that's the best cover ever..
    Assurbanipal_II
    Assurbanipal_II
    :blob_sir: Excellent choice, waifus sell.
    Goswick
    Goswick
    Looks at the Main Page
    Sees the first four fictions in Trending

The math checks out.
    Assurbanipal_II
    Assurbanipal_II
    Nevertheless, they say it is just coincidence, and we don't have a high percentage of smut stories. :blobrofl:
    "Show, don't tell" rule tortures me a lot, but ever since I heard Brandon Sanderson to tell whenever you want, show whenever you want.... well, I guess it's a perfect balance for me.
    Reactions: AkalE
    ChronicleCrawler
    ChronicleCrawler
    Just do it. The more you write, the faster ya improve. Of course, check your chappys. Editing although a butt-load of pain; will teach ya a lot.
    gaylolis
    gaylolis
    i always read show, don't tell as someone drawing a silent manga.

if you're using words instead of showing what it is, then it's always 'tell' to me.
    I shall waste my writing session time to HBD you! You should feel proud for wasting my time.

Anyway, here's all the cake: 🍰🥞🧁🎂🥮🍥
    D4isuke
    D4isuke
    Thank you man! Sorry for the late reply!
    Happy birthday!

X
    Yorda
    Yorda
    You're a famous user. Thus I, SHF's #1 Villainess, have noticed your existence, and your birthday. Lowly plebeian, enjoy your birthday. Best wishes.

*Stares at you with eyes of disgust*

But the most disgusting thing of all is one who doesn't live to the utmost.

Oho.ho.ho.ho.

*Drunken post kungfu*
    *Correction. Kungfu is for lowly commoners, my ancestors improved kungfu and created karate*
    *ohohohoho* :blob_upset:
    D4isuke
    D4isuke
    Thank you for the greetings!
    One review from my first work said that I have a bad writing style which made most readers dropped out, and now, I feel pressured for major editing. I don't know how to solve myself for this.
    Assurbanipal_II
    Assurbanipal_II
    Sucks is hard. Grammar is fine, spelling idem. Only the wording is unconventional as said. My first guess was that he is not a native speaker? Maybe Japanese? But who knows, I cannot deduce everything from a text alone.
    weakwithwords
    weakwithwords
    Japanese only start learning english after primary school. You didn't even bother peeking at his profile, huh?
    Assurbanipal_II
    Assurbanipal_II
    Nope. Never did and it is the first time I find the "hidden" about section. Never knew it existed.
    My ratings going down with 2 votes of 1 star... I feel bad about this.... at least, it gives me much motivation to improve
    gaylolis
    gaylolis
    inb4 just few trolls dropping random bombs
    Sometimes I feel jealous of people's success... even some amateurs like me could barely reach it in plain sailing.
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    '-'
    How about trying polka dot sailing, then?

X
    D4isuke
    D4isuke
    sure, but that's not what I mean.
    Less favorite, less readers.. even they just drop it for the sake of reading list.... Looks like I'm starting to think I may abandon the series
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    Sometimes, the growth of a story's fanbase/readers is very slow. It can take a long time for some, it can be very rapid for others. The point is that somewhere there will be people who enjoy what you're writing.
    Didn't you say yourself that you had some people who were reading everything?
    Won't they feel sad if you decide to abandon the series?
    *genuine question*
    '-'

X
    D4isuke
    D4isuke
    My mind had somehow divided into two, so I can't think straight enough to pull out the other from one.... but at least, I fixed the grammar and style issues of every chapter. I think I solved the reader's problem since I regretted myself that I haven't edit it properly.
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    Well, I hope that people won't have as many issues, then.
    (^-^)

X
    compared to every readers who read only one page. Only dalewarrior and hellscythe are my loyal readers. Man, I feel like my fiction feels disgusting.
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    *can confirm she has a load of novels in her To Read list*
    >w<

X
    D4isuke
    D4isuke
    Nah, I just felt uncomfortable since my fiction contains some disgusting contents. Even it might catch the eye of some readers who may be offended with how I portray it within the story.
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    'o'
    Then...a cult following?
    *tilts head*
    '-'

X
    I gain more views (12k views) in webnovel than scribblehub (4.8k views)... but most of the readers I got (based on my statistics which is 78% of all) are unknown in terms of gender... and also, I don't care for views, but I feel like I'm growing in a slight chance.
    Reactions: ohko
    gaylolis
    gaylolis
    what is views?
    ChronicleCrawler
    ChronicleCrawler
    I don't believe those views. I once tried experimenting with webnovel views using a third party dummy accounts. And man! It adds viewers in a weird way. I only post 1 chapter and made sure that my views would stay still so I waited for 1 week. Then I checked.
    D4isuke
    D4isuke
    the algorithm feels kinda strange to me for some reason. Plus, for example, Nanakawichan's Demon Succubus got more views than I am (which is my favorite book I read), and she released later than I am then weeks later. she got several times more views than her— which I also envied her at the same time.
    I'll just take a weekend break by binge watching/reading some anime and manga/LN. I feel burn out most of the time. Might be back around the start of weekdays.
    I feel tiring to write 2k each and every day.
    Reactions: ohko
    Moctemma
    Moctemma
    It may be strange, but that's the reason I haven't read your story (daily updates). I'm also waiting for a review to see if it's worth the time, or for the story to finish. Which is probably the case for other readers.
    So take it easy, if you burn out and drop it, your story will be doomed.
    Moctemma
    Moctemma
    I have always thought that it's the best to let readers "breath", I'm currently reading a story that updates daily, and even though the lore is interesting, I don't think much about it because I know I'll get the answers soon. It becomes a superficial reading. But if you let readers wait and think, they'll be more curious about the story and interact more.
    D4isuke
    D4isuke
    sounds pretty good idea... and also thank you for reading my story and your concern. I promise to give you some pleasurable immersion with proper prose writing and improving growth. I hope my outline and ideas are good enough to give the plot and characters with good intuition.... quality takes time as always.
    Please put the GIF in your signature within a spoiler, it's really distracting and makes it hard to scroll through threads.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…