Scribble Hub Forum

Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
I'm just confused about the entire conversation. I read it twice but nothing made sense to me for some reason. Maybe my brain is broken today. Or always. Probably always.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Misunderstandings. Lots of misunderstandings. ☺️
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
*has clarified with A2 in private that he wasn't aggrieved*
>w>
<w<

X
UYScuti
UYScuti
FS, what’s so hard to understand? Militia’s->weapons->MC insults->loli’s->crystal beasts->BL

Seems pretty standard to me.
UYScuti
UYScuti
Who’s aggrieved?
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
No one.
'-'

X
UYScuti
UYScuti
😐 I see.
Queenfisher
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Btw, no info dumps necessary. Just make them cohesive instead of spread across too many chapter. I remember the one time when Amy made info dump - narration - info dump - narration - info dump -. Stream of consciousness is interesting, but makes it hard to follow.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
*tilts head*
Amy?
Info dumps?

X
UYScuti
UYScuti
A2 does not like me weaving in details throughout the chapters like traditional horror/mystery/thriller books do. Wants me to info-dump instead. Doesn’t like first person POV either. Wants google POV :blob_pout:
Queenfisher
Queenfisher
!!!

UYScuti, awwwww.

*huggles*

I can relate just a little bit! Assu-loli absolutely does that! :blob_blank:

I don't do 1st POV, but I do 3rd, limited to only one person. A2 can go cranky about that sometimes, te-he ^^. It's cute.

*nods* *nods*
UYScuti
UYScuti
First person POV is an excellent choice for horror/mystery/thrillers. It allows the reader to see the world completely through the characters eyes. First person narrators are unreliable, horror/mystery/thrillers use that to their advantage. I write a space opera in third person limited because telling a setting is better that way. Also, A2 likes info-dumps. Blocks of them apparently. :blob_pat_sad:
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
'-'
A2's been fine with how I've done stuff in my story, though...
*doesn't have info dumps*
*is in first person*

X
UYScuti
UYScuti
:blob_hmm_two: Maybe A2 is an engineer.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_evil_two: Yours is more organic.
Queenfisher
Queenfisher
UYScuti -- I write a "whydunnit?" mystery, so keeping it to a very limited POV is a must. Either 1st or a Limited 3rd. Otherwise not a mystery anymore. :blob_pat_sad:

Nahrenne -- probably the same reason? Though I am not sure. I felt in your early chapters that there were elements of mystery, though ^^. (Dreams).
UYScuti
UYScuti
:blob_cookie: When you asked me to explain something, and I pointed to the info in a previous chapter...
UYScuti
UYScuti
Wait, now that I remember. Didn’t you say you had no idea what frontliners were when there were two paragraphs about who they were in the first chapter :blob_no:
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
There is mystery in my story.
Still not sure whether it should be a tag, or a genre, though...
orz

X