Scribble Hub Forum

UYScuti
UYScuti
[7/final]
You can’t change what readers expect fully, but you can direct them. Generally, whatever you put in the blurb, the readers will hope to see in the story. Your blurb’s your promise. So, there’s always the goal to fulfill the promise. Also, accept that you can’t please every reader, just continue on and work towards improving. That’s what I do.

Maybe this helps. If not, just tell me to shut up and ignore me.
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
No, thank you so much! Also I've since received some replies from them (I replied to nearly every single one of their 20 comments). And it seems they initially just left some harsh words without as much thought while reading. And now they're actually quite nice and even gave me some words of encouragement. But yeah they were expecting a different kind of story. So I think changing the blurb would be good.
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
I shall try your suggestion.
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
I've been trying to a while to rewrite the last line, but I can't seem to convert everything that yours does in as few words, I guess since you suggested it, it's not like.. plagiarism or anything if I just copy it verbatim? I feel a bit bad though.

Like some part of my mind is like,
"You must make it yourself!"
Why?
"I dunno, because it's cheating if you don't?"
Cheating? Is this a test?!
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
Funny. I say that and then I maybe come up with one? Opinions pls.
Her murder’s lingering trauma ignites a battle in her mind between love & hate, a new life surrounded by death, her own if she’s unlucky. Can she survive long enough to accept reality and enjoy the pleasures of her new body? First though, how will she deal with this pesky language barrier?
UYScuti
UYScuti
Many blurbs aren’t written by the authors. Editors or other authors will often write Blurbs. Stephen King discusses blurbs he wrote. Feel free to use what I wrote if you want.

Can she survive long enough to accept reality and enjoy the pleasures of her new body?
This line sounds like she’s running nonstop. No time to explore her changes. It’s even darker than before because of that line.
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
I used your line. I also updated the genres/tags to hopefully better represent things as they are now. Including, after some previous talk with @Assurbanipal_II - I have now removed the smut tag and put in the adult tag instead. As it seems my understanding between the three, Adult, Mature, Smut, was not correct when I first made the story.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
O.o What? 3 star? Must look immediately.
UYScuti
UYScuti
Cool. Hopefully it will help with future reader’s expectations.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
^^ :blob_reach: I hope it helps as I didn't feel your story falls into the smut category in the proper sense of the term. As she is a succubus, the smut is rather part of the job description. ^^´
UYScuti
UYScuti
:blob_hmm_two: So extreme smut is ok with A2 as long as it’s done by a demon.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_melt: Her scenes aren't smutty at all. Just a bit, but I can stomach them.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_melt: But to be honest, I don't touch smut stories. I avoid them in fact, but I made a special exception this time as Freesia is a nice person.
UYScuti
UYScuti
:blob_salute: I wonder how high A2’s tolerance is. Breeding habits of werewolves?
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_upset: Don't try me, Sunny. *temporary nickname*
UYScuti
UYScuti
:blob_popcorn: Maybe I can write a one-shot about the A2 wildlife photographer that documented the mating rituals of werewolves, vampires, and demons. A2, world renowned expert and author of “The Complete Guide to Supernatural Mating”
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_reach: At least I was a wildlife photographer before being eaten by scabs.
UYScuti
UYScuti
“The Mating Dance of Scabs and Essence Beasts” - A2

6/5 stars. The most comprehensive guide by the worlds most authoritative voice on supernatural smut A2. - Grand SH critic
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_melt: If Amy finds my guide, I will be happy.
Freesia.Cutepearl