Scribble Hub Forum

witch_sorrowful
witch_sorrowful
Nah. Algo's are random, yo. Even the RR ones.
LinMeili
LinMeili
Oh! :er_what_s:
Reisinling
Reisinling
RR and SH algorithm work differently. RR algorithm values relative increase in a way that makes small fictions easier to get on, but after you pass certain size, pretty much impossible. SH values absolute increase, which makes it harder for small novels, but allows medium sized and large sized ones to get in as well.
Reisinling
Reisinling
Both have problems, and both have positives- RR system makes it so that after you fall out trending... you no longer have any method of having your novel promoted within the system pretty much (most people only look at top 20 within genre, so after you use up your trending, but before you get to top 20, you are stuck).
Reisinling
Reisinling
It makes it harder for the top to ever change. SH system makes it harder to get to trending at all, but makes the higher ranked section more dynamic, and you always can grow/get on trending if you try hard enough within the system. Well, there is also novel updates integration, which might be the actual best thing that helps your novel go up
Reisinling
Reisinling
Sorry for spltting- 420 char limit
witch_sorrowful
witch_sorrowful
Wow. How did you get to know about this all?
Reisinling
Reisinling
RR gave the general description of their algorithm in their FAQ or forums, don't remember, SH I analysed using the data I scraped, people habits of not looking past 1 page are a known phenomenon (part of the reason why most sites now use infinite scroll), rest is the general consequence of approaches used, and tons of discussion on the subject you can find online
LinMeili
LinMeili
What do you mean by Novelupdates integration?
Reisinling
Reisinling
@meili go on novelupdates, and click on any series. On the right there is a box with 3 novels from scribblehub (3 last updated novels, refreshed every x minutes, and I believe 3 novels have to rotate for refresh to happen). Many of my readers found my series this way
LinMeili
LinMeili
Oh, I see it now!
LinMeili
LinMeili
IDK, what to think now. SH trending is impossible for me, maybe.
Reisinling
Reisinling
I looked at your series, and the I have a harem... series, if it wasn't on trending yet... is because your chapters are under 1000 words. I don't know how low the threshold is, but chapters under ~1000 words are penalised from going on trending. And it seems very trendable. Try relapsing 2 chapters over 1000 words and tell me how it works out.