yansusustories
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• There is always that one person in a writing group that when you ask about x, they'll start advising you on y with y being irrelevant, having a reason outside the shared information, or being a deliberate decision. Oftentimes, y is based solely on their experience/opinion.
    Just thought of that today when I randomly remembered the guy who complained about my FL accusingly staring at spilled coffee :blob_blank:
    Ah, choosing names is so hard ... Can I really pair a three-syllable name with a two-syllable name and not have readers hate me? But then, if the character's spouse only has a two-syllable name, it doesn't seem too bad? :blob_hmm:
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Ha, I love the second method! :blobrofl: Seriously though, I have a name in mind. I'm just debating whether I should use it or if readers will flip tables on me because it's too long. I feel like they hate long names :blob_hmm: But then, I like the name so I should just go for it ...
    CarburetorThompson
    CarburetorThompson
    If it’s long you can refer to them by a shortened version of the name Christopher to Chris and such.
    SakeVision
    SakeVision
    You can. I allow you.
    That dread when you find a half-written chapter that is part of an arc you finished and suddenly aren't sure anymore if you ever had that part in there and this is just the dregs or completely forgot about it ... :blob_blank:
    Reactions: Cipiteca396
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    I'm actually still pretty clear on the original idea. I just suck at that type :blob_teary: I'm first and foremost a romance writer even though I tend to have convoluted plots in the back of it. But my first story was more about the big picture with some romance so it turned out shit no matter the version :blob_teary:
    D
    Deleted member 54065
    @yansusustories I'm starting to regret studying and acquiring a license to practice law. But yeah, like what I experienced, if no one's gonna stand up, then who will?

Ah, in any case, nice chatting with ya!
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    I can imagine that. When you start out, it's difficult to imagine how bad things can get, and then sometimes you get blindsided. But in the end, we all had our reasons for starting so it's not like we can give up so we have to find a way to deal with it.

Yeah, I think so too! :blob_melt: I'm not often on the forums anymore, just on the main site, so not many chances to chat. It's better for mental health though, lol
    Ah, it's one of those "Can I even write? :blob_teary:" days again ... *sigh*
    Reactions: Deeprotsorcerer
    BenJepheneT
    BenJepheneT
    gonna sound cliché but just power through that shit. Actually, I don't even need to say it. I've seen your bibliography. I KNOW you got the willpower to trudge through the rut, else you wouldn't have written this much. Put that man fist through that boy anus and keep writing.
    D
    Deleted member 54065
    @yansusustories I agree with @BenJepheneT. I did that, and I'm content on my novel today. It's not that popular, but I got readers...loyal ones.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Yeah, I know. I can do it :blob_pout: It might take some colorful curses but it's doable. Also, @BenJepheneT, was that a general motivational speech or did you personalize that for us BL writers? Because that imagery fits a little too well :blobrofl:
    The new year has started and I can't help but begin with the big questions, like: Can I write half a novel in a day? Because I kind of feel like I might need to ... :blob_blank: Ah, why is February so early in the year?! :blob_catflip:
    Apparently, there is a state where you can be too depressed to upload even finished chapters on time but still not too depressed for your brain to throw new story ideas at you ...
    Reactions: GodlessEmperor
    Paul_Tromba
    Paul_Tromba
    I am feeling this at this moment. Only, I'm not depressed anymore because I am high.
    T.K._Paradox
    T.K._Paradox
    It is called finals week angst for college kids.
    I usually hate reading MTL but I have to admit that sometimes it adds some hilarity to the reading experience :blobrofl:
    Reactions: Mysticant
    Mysticant
    Mysticant
    It rots my brain, burns my soul. But the impatient me is too lazy to learn the language and too unwilling to wait for someone to translate it. So instead of whining like the masses, I just read it, comprehend what it means to eat grass on one's mother or how a king has 8 eggs.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    I read BL only so the king with the 8 eggs has me somewhat doubtful :blobrofl: And sheesh, I actually am learning Chinese but I'm lightyears away from actually being able to understand a novel :blob_teary:
    I guess some people just are hypocrites without seeing it themselves. Or maybe the point is not seeing it themselves ... :blob_hmm:
    I don't understand Amazon. If I publish a short story that I've previously uploaded on SH and Tapas, I gotta reassure them it's mine. Unless I take out the chapter headlines and add a glossary because that apparently makes it distinctive enough? o.O
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    *huggles*

X
    K
    KiraMinoru
    The only time I ever had Amazon contact me to make sure it was my shit was when I first started publishing to it. I think after you’re on the platform with them publishing for long enough they just realize, oh this person again, sure whatever and don’t even bother anymore. There honestly aren’t any hoops at all, the bar is super low to publish to Amazon.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    I mean they've terminated well-established authors in the past because they don't have a good system in place to check assumed copyright infringements. I myself almost got my account blacklisted once despite doing exactly what they asked me to do to prove it was my stuff. So yeah, I'd say there are hoops. You might get lucky that you're not asked to jump through them but they're there.
    Really now? Spam comments advertising a coffee machine? On the website of a tea drinker who writes about people drinking tea all the darn time? :blob_neutral:
    SailusGebel
    SailusGebel
    This only means that you don't own a coffee machine. Which gives them a chance, and a chance is all they need. :blob_shade:
    BenJepheneT
    Paul_Tromba
    Paul_Tromba
    Just use the coffee machine to make tea when you don't want to take the time to prepare it yourself. However, the taste is never as good as when it is made properly so it may not be the best idea for someone who is a tea connoisseur. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to prepare myself a fine kettle of Da Hong Pao that I've been saving.
    My To-Do List is really just "Finish writing these 12 stories", "Finish editing these 10 stories", "Translate these 5 stories". Shit, I gotta actually finish up that stuff sometime soon. Why did I think again it was a good idea to have two accounts? :blob_sweat:
    Reactions: Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    *shakes pompoms*
    Take your time and hope you manage to complete it all at some point!
    *huggles*

\(^o^)/

X
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Thank you! I still think I can. Just need to start somewhere and slowly slog through ~ :blob_aww:
    Looking for a photo of a woman for a cover for once.
    Me: searching for "woman kitchen blond" in order of importance
    Search results: naked woman on horse, woman in lingerie in the kitchen, woman topless in the kitchen, woman with naked feet on kitchen counter
    Me: Fuck this noise! You don't sit with your feet on the counter! Especially not barefooted, you dirty pig! :blob_catflip:
    I've self-published more than 20 books and short stories but the last time went so badly thanks to some Amazon bot that I got anxiety at the thought of doing it again today :blob_blank: It's about darn time I woman up though and get back into publishing :blob_pout:
    *new side character appears*
    Me: Ah, they don't need a name! They'll be gone soon enough ~
    *10 chapters later*
    Me: Maybe I should have given them a name :blob_blank: Does it make sense to give them one now? Maybe they'll stay around for longer ... :blob_hmm:
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Haha, I could but I usually just add it in when I finally realize that I'm definitely not getting around it anymore. I should edit it in, in the previous chapters whenever I get around to a full edit though :blob_hmm:
    Paul_Tromba
    Paul_Tromba
    I have so many side characters without names. However, I also created a ton of side characters with names. For some reason, Naming them causes me to kill them off far quicker than I intended.
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Ah, well, I guess killing off random side characters that couldn't even get a name wouldn't have the same impact :blob_hmm:
    Just realized I'm an idiot: I abbreviate titles for my recordings cause I'm lazy. When I scrolled through them, I suddenly saw some I couldn't identify. What's TDN? And what's TDK? Well, turns out they are the same. I just can't type and now 'night' apparently begins with 'K' :blobrofl: And nope, no knights in there. Just a crazy magician :blob_blank:
    Nahrenne
    Nahrenne
    Lol.
    At least you managed to figure them out eventually.
    *huggles*

X
    yansusustories
    yansusustories
    Yeah, that's the good part. Thankfully, the characters' names were pretty close to the start so it didn't take much time. I renamed the wrong ones so by the time I get around to editing it, I won't be confused again ~ :blob_melt:
    "I thought this story had a system!"
    Title: *doesn't mention a system*
    Cover: *doesn't show anything system-related*
    Synopsis: *doesn't include any references to systems, tasks, or similar*
    First chapter: *doesn't mention a system*
    Whatever made you think there was a system involved? :blob_hmm:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…