• Thread starter Deleted member 89995
  • Start date

sanitylimited

social engeneering is a thing. most polititians prefer a divided population as it makes it easier to abuse their power.

tinfoil hats wont save you from yourself.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
There is a difference between being kind and being a doormat. There is a difference between being nice and being a punching bag.

Kindness is the willingness to to be friendly, considerate or generous.

You only need to meet one of them to be kind, you do not have to give anything to be kind. Generous yes, kind no.

Likewise, if someone expects you to give them something, sometimes the kindest thing you can say to them is “no.”

Why is the word “no” kind?
It’s sometimes kind because it’s forcing someone to realize they can’t rely on others all the time. If people give someone everything the ask for they can become a spoilt character that will suffer.

Telling these people no is good for them.

Also, if you’re worried about how people perceive you, you’re probably not a kind person but merely someone who “wants to be seen as kind”

this is what we call “fake kind” or people who just put up a front.

Being kind is a character trait, not something we are conscious of.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
idk. for some reason, being kind actually makes you more disrespected. people are so weird that they prefer assholes over nice people most of the time, like how bad boys finish first and nice guys finish last.

the older i get, the more i realize that kindness is overrated

there's this one particular experience i had, and it made me realize that being a "bad person" is better than being a "good person." take note that those two terms have quotation marks, which means that a "bad person" isn't necessarily literally a bad person. it's just that the "bad person" is, for some strange reason, more liked than the "good person"

arguably, there's a difference between niceness and kindness, but i guess the only way to win is to be kind but look like an asshole

its like you look like a bad boy, but you're actually kind, and that's the only way to win.

and that's why i decided to give up on being kind

being a slight asshole actually earns you more respect

being kind just makes you abused by other people

no more mister nice or kind guy, i guess

of course, this doesnt mean that i'm suddenly going to turn from a nice guy to a bad guy. it's just that...i'll stop thinking that being nice or kind can make you successful

yeah, being kind in this unkind world is fucked
To me this just comes off as "incel" talk.

ArchlordZero

Stage 4 Cancer Shitposter
You have to balance being a nice guy and being an asshole.
As you said, you will be abused if you're too nice. People will hate you if you're a total asshole either.
There should be a switch where you should flip it depending on the situation.
Good luck and f*ck you

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
also, it wasn't like i was rejected by a girl. nah, that's not it fam. ive experienced worse than that shit, and it cost me weeks

i was trying to be good, only to be punished in the end

its not worth it
Define good.
the word good is subjective

Good is often used as a term that society want others to aspire to be without actually defining it so they can tell you that you aren’t “good enough” when you’re not being a doormat to their needs.

D

Deleted member 54065

For me, it's more like I won't involve myself too much on someone's plight anymore. It's painful and dejecting when you watch helplessly as the hard work and sacrifice you did went for naught because of human nature, and connections.

I tried to stand for my ideals, and brought suffering to myself, my parents and my siblings.

D

Deleted member 54065

But!

While I did learn my lesson, it doesn't mean I'll help spreading jackassery when I choose not to involve myself.

It's rather, let the negative stop on me, rather than pass it.

Oh, and if I may add...

Those who'd disrespect you for what you did are those people who:

-doesn't know what you sacrificed,
-an asshole themselves.

We need not to explain ourselves to them.

Keriahenta

I act kind not because i want to be respected i act kind so that i can tell to myself that I'm not a piece of shit, and that i feel good about myself. If i helped a person and they disrespected me for it. I'll simply stop being kind to them, start distancing myself away from them etc. Because helping them no longer feels good. I'm not going to help or act kind to an asshole.