• Thread starter Deleted member 89995
  • Start date

SailusGebel

It is. But there was also a passage in the Bible where it was told, "Be meek as a sheep but wise as a serpent". It implores us to sacrifice for others, though not to let ourselves be abused.

In the Book of Acts, Peter caused punishment (death) to the couple that gave them proceeds from a property they cheated upon.

@SailusGebel another example I would point is what I'm doing now. I sacrifice my time, talent, and materials for you guys (though I do it because I love this community, and would like to be friends with everyone...if possible). But when I'm tired, you won't see me offering free artwork around; or I give myself time to rest.

Sacrifice and abuse may be synonymous to some, but look, sacrifice is something you 'know' it's worth time and effort to invest with. Like what I did to that pedophile when I exposed his crimes; do I think it's worth the time and effort? Yes, because I saved my students from him. Will I repeat what I did? Nope. Because by this time, I know that it won't be the same as before. (I learned)

Abuse is...well, that repeated situation where you don't learn.
Thank you for explaining this.

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
I may have misunderstood what was meant. It sounds like it wasn't necessarily a "kind" action, but what was considered a "just" action. Morally Just actions often do come with sacrifice. As well though, they may not seem just to others.

The Nazis believed that what they were doing Justice on the world. They didn't consider themselves to be the bad guys. However, if you truly believe your actions were just, and society is punishing you for justice, then your sacrifice should inspire others who feel similarly to support you. Frequently, the feeling of being punished for a just action is because one's own expectations of socially acceptable behaviors don't match up with the greater society they live in. Social change can be fomented from the individual's action though, but it will be a hard fight.

As an American, our country has a long history of this. Two easy examples, we had the Civil Rights movement, where people fought, and suffered to earn equality. Obviously, the American Revolution before that. Each time, they were "Punished" by the greater society, but continued the fight until achieving their goals.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
Thanks, man! Receiving words like these ease my pain. This is why I love this community XD

It is. But there was also a passage in the Bible where it was told, "Be meek as a sheep but wise as a serpent". It implores us to sacrifice for others, though not to let ourselves be abused.

In the Book of Acts, Peter caused punishment (death) to the couple that gave them proceeds from a property they cheated upon.

@SailusGebel another example I would point is what I'm doing now. I sacrifice my time, talent, and materials for you guys (though I do it because I love this community, and would like to be friends with everyone...if possible). But when I'm tired, you won't see me offering free artwork around; or I give myself time to rest.

Sacrifice and abuse may be synonymous to some, but look, sacrifice is something you 'know' it's worth time and effort to invest with. Like what I did to that pedophile when I exposed his crimes; do I think it's worth the time and effort? Yes, because I saved my students from him. Will I repeat what I did? Nope. Because by this time, I know that it won't be the same as before. (I learned)

Abuse is...well, that repeated situation where you don't learn.
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matthew 10:16 kjv

In matthew 10, Jesus Christ is sending his apostles out into Israel to preach and work the miracles of God. However, he us warning them that there are many many who will hate them because they are doing Christ's work and they hated him enough to crucify. They will need to be wise to escape without causing harm (harm would dirty the reputation of Christ).

Later in the chapter, Christ encourages them to not fear those that persecute them and that their enduring for Christ's sake is not in vain.

SailusGebel

Well, more exists. But, as you are such an utterly poor discussion partner, you're not getting anymore.

(I gave a stripped down version there on purpose because you've shown to have a pattern of this kind of behavior, and my suspicions proved true.)
BASED. :blob_shade:

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Btw, isn't it kinda fitting? I know almost nothing about Christianity, and I don't want to go off-topic, but isn't this one of the main themes of Christianity? Sacrificing oneself to help others? Or is it Eastern Orthodoxy thing?
Sacrifice where it would actually do something, not a sacrifice in vain, which happens too often.

just to briefly summarize what Hans was saying. Also, you can’t sacrifice others, only yourself, should you choose.

SailusGebel

Sacrifice where it would actually do something, not a sacrifice in vain, which happens too often.

just to briefly summarize what Hans was saying. Also, you can’t sacrifice others, only yourself, should you choose.
I understand that you need to sacrifice yourself. It's probably the main theme in Eastern Orthodoxy. Well, maybe not the main, but this is how it is presented to casual people who don't study it.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I understand that you need to sacrifice yourself. It's probably the main theme in Eastern Orthodoxy. Well, maybe not the main, but this is how it is presented to casual people who don't study it.
But not in vain.
Christinaity (at least biblical Christianity) requires a lot of objectivity and understanding of the world around you to make good judgments.