10 Years To Save The World

DreamOfRen

In 10 years time a catastrophe will befall your planet. Somehow, you and you alone are both made aware of this and must deal with it.
Your character can have at most, 3 different methods of choice to subvert this catastrophe bordering on supernatural, magical or mechanical.

Just something I thought up and wanted to share.

D

Deleted member 29316

How about a character going back 10 years to stop the tragedy from happening, only to discover that he had two options:

1) Release all tragedies in one year (with relatively minimal casualties compared to the second option)
2) Or, release the tragedies per year for the span of 10 years, with increasing casualty count?

Sorry, I think I had too much coffee.

Sahara

This isn't the same thing but it's loosely inspired... It's 20 years instead of 10... I have no idea what the options r. does that count? :blob_evil_two:

TW: 9/11

If only the span was 20 years! I could have an interesting tale.
I'm thinking... what if this takes place in January 2000. MC is told by a Time Traveler who actually thanks MC and the world for making a better future (in this timeline, global warming was taken seriously after the Pandemic, and the earth made a crucial recovery), and then goes on about a 2020 Pandemic. MC is confused but knows it's probably real because Time Traveler (1) Obeys the laws of physics (2) Knows more about MC than they should (3) Specifically said we're too insignificant to change it, so they thanked the most useless person they could find (as in, the one who won't affect the timeline the most of the 7.3 billion people on earth). We never see Time Traveler again, at least not knowingly. Time Traveler likes abusing his 3054 power, I guess.
So over the next 2 years, they do something (... something?) to try and stop it. I still have no idea what it is yet. This IS a concept, after all.
Except for a year and a half in a certain, horrible situation that takes place with 9/11 and MC is questioning their sanity more than they already have... because something so terrible happened, and MC wasn't told a thing by Time Traveler.

What am I doing? I couldn't write this if I wanted to. 'Tis an idea, as all.

DreamOfRen

How about a character going back 10 years to stop the tragedy from happening, only to discover that he had two options:

1) Release all tragedies in one year (with relatively minimal casualties compared to the second option)
2) Or, release the tragedies per year for the span of 10 years, with increasing casualty count?

Sorry, I think I had too much coffee.
No no, that's basically 2020 in a nutshell. #1 at least..

DreamOfRen

This isn't the same thing but it's loosely inspired... It's 20 years instead of 10... I have no idea what the options r. does that count? :blob_evil_two:

TW: 9/11

If only the span was 20 years! I could have an interesting tale.
I'm thinking... what if this takes place in January 2000. MC is told by a Time Traveler who actually thanks MC and the world for making a better future (in this timeline, global warming was taken seriously after the Pandemic, and the earth made a crucial recovery), and then goes on about a 2020 Pandemic. MC is confused but knows it's probably real because Time Traveler (1) Obeys the laws of physics (2) Knows more about MC than they should (3) Specifically said we're too insignificant to change it, so they thanked the most useless person they could find (as in, the one who won't affect the timeline the most of the 7.3 billion people on earth). We never see Time Traveler again, at least not knowingly. Time Traveler likes abusing his 3054 power, I guess.
So over the next 2 years, they do something (... something?) to try and stop it. I still have no idea what it is yet. This IS a concept, after all.
Except for a year and a half in a certain, horrible situation that takes place with 9/11 and MC is questioning their sanity more than they already have... because something so terrible happened, and MC wasn't told a thing by Time Traveler.

What am I doing? I couldn't write this if I wanted to. 'Tis an idea, as all.
Seems a bit convoluted. Like the plot of "LOST". But I dig it.

DreamOfRen

that's the plot of several cultivation and reincarnation series.
I thought I'd do something different with an impending threat.

lehur

These're what you called people trapped in stereotype.
Rather than come back to past who don't have a shit.
Going to the future to copy-paste "The Cure" that had been found and mastering the art of Plagiarism

DreamOfRen

These're what you called people trapped in stereotype.
Rather than come back to past who don't have a shit.
Going to the future to copy-paste "The Cure" that had been found and mastering the art of Plagiarism
Not sure I get what you mean :blob_cookie:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I would like the power to sterilize the parents of the people who did the most damage to the world. Just look at someone and zap them out of existence.

Leti

In 10 years time a catastrophe will befall your planet. Somehow, you and you alone are both made aware of this and must deal with it.
Your character can have at most, 3 different methods of choice to subvert this catastrophe bordering on supernatural, magical or mechanical.

Just something I thought up and wanted to share.
No, thanks. I'm perfectly fine with the world ending. Have you watched Chicken Little? That's how I would look like when trying to save the world.