18+

Benji

I feel like it would be a good idea to have a way to let readers know that the story is 18+ without them having to put 18+ in the story title.

Maybe if the title displayed in red or something.

DocB

I feel like it would be a good idea to have a way to let readers know that the story is 18+ without them having to put 18+ in the story title.

Maybe if the title displayed in red or something.
Tags, done , go bother someone else

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
pretty sure there is a tag for that.... probably

mrsimple

Writer
I think what Benji means is for us to announce to all readers that the story is going to be directed at that sort of mature/adult audience rather than it containing a few scenes of this and that, here and there, a minor could giggle at instead of being traumatized by the, "I wished I skimmed over this," incident. Just some things kiddies should not be immersed in and we adults can tolerate for the sake of a thrilling story.

Ddraig

I think what Benji means is for us to announce to all readers that the story is going to be directed at that sort of mature/adult audience rather than it containing a few scenes of this and that, here and there, a minor could giggle at instead of being traumatized by the, "I wished I skimmed over this," incident. Just some things kiddies should not be immersed in and we adults can tolerate for the sake of a thrilling story.

Not only is there a r-18 tag..... but also a content warning for sexual content.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series-finder/

Just below tags

Ddraig

That's cool, but a lot of anonymous folks just click what's on the front page rather than hunt for something interesting. At least, that's kinda what I do, unless somebody recommends I read something. >.>
The content warning clearly appears on your novel page just check,
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/1824/theres-no-way-id-want-boobs-that-big-d/
Just below table of contents. I guess it could be made bigger or placed just after novel title but the feature already exists and is properly implemented

mrsimple

Writer
I agree, it does, but I still go out of my way to warn others what they are getting into before it is too late. XD

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
This makes sense to me like how Literotica specifically has sections for non-erotic writing (except the opposite)

Benji

I made this post with a story like Roots in mind.

As an avid reader I can confidently say that most people won't read the tags unless they found the story while looking for certain tags. More people would read the genres, but those would be a quick glance like 'sweet, there's the sci-fi genre, let's read this'.

What I intended with this suggestion was that it would be right up in people's faces before they even clicked on it that this story would be darker, more gruesome, and have more sex than what they would usually find and might be comfortable with. I must admit that a part of this stems from my dislike of having tags/warnings in titles.