500 word limit story ENDING with "A-a-and that's all, folks!"

CJWrites

Hey all,

I'm sorry this one took longer to happen, that nasty thing called Real Life likes to get in the way. This week is a little different. The winner of the last competition, @Shadehaven asked that their prompt be an Ending. I'm just as interested as the rest of you in finding out where this goes. So strap in and end your entry with "A-a-and that's all, folks!"

Please keep your entry to 500 words or less and END with this exact phrase. It is less about the contest and more about just getting your creative juices flowing for a compact story. AND! Most importantly, to have fun with it! Ready, set, GO!!

Cheers!

AkalE

"Welcome to the first ever show to host true magicians!" the host spoke to the crowded audience. "Every one of the mages that walk in are true master of the arcane arts, not just street-side tricksters. So hold onto your socks, and lets start the show."

The crowd cheered as the host left the stage.

Minutes later, the host walked back on stage, took the mike and spoke again, "There are no real magicians. Magic is not real. What did you expect to see here, idiots!"

The crowd fell into an uncomfortable silence.

Finally the host raised his glass, and broke the awkward silence. With a smile on his face, he said, "A-a-and that's all, folks!" "

XianPiete

Bad Fiction Author
It was the launch of UHF Channel 4's very first Children's show, The Uncle Bob Show. The man himself was the perfect figure to host their first original children's show. A former minister turned comedian who specialized in family-friendly material. That's why when the show went live on its first day, the crew honestly forgot to signal Uncle Bob that the curtain was about to rise.

The children saw the applause sign light up and cheered like crazy and called out, "Hello Uncle Bob!" Just like they were coached. The lights came on as the curtain pulled back. Children started screaming and pointing with parents dashing into the shot from behind the cameras to grab their children and shield their view.

Miss Sheeply a pretty young woman dressed up as an anthropomorphic sheep in a southern belle style dress was bent over a barrel, nude from the waist down with Uncle Bob too close to stop, he saw the lights and heard the screams and anger from the parents. He closed his eyes and stepped into character as Uncle Bob for the first and last time while he looked into the camera and said "A-a-and that's all, folks!"

Seyer_Jad

"Introducing the greatest Beast Tamer of the greatest Carnival in the world, Forte and Gila the Lion!"

The host introduced Forte and the Lion and as Forte began his act, he brought out a whip and used it against the Lion. The Lion was hit on the face and instead of being scared it became angry and attacked Forte, mailing at his face with a roar.

Everyone watched in horror, and as the host regained his self and called for the people in charge to take care of things.

Bang! The Lion was brought down by a gunshot and as the everyone watched Ilin horror, the host walked beside the dead bodies of Forte and the Lion.

He checked if both are dead and turned to the crowd...

"A-a-and that's all, folks!"

mostlyharmfulll

TeaMate since day 1
"S-s-so there was this f-f-f-fairy that I made a b-b-bet with. W-w-w-we would play Rock-Paper-S-s-s-scissors, and if I w-w-won, she would make o-o-o-one of my wishes come ture. A-a-a-and if she won, I would s-s-s-start to st-st-stutter uncontrallably. I-i-in the end, I l-l-l-lost. B-b-b-b-but there is a w-w-w-way to break out of t-t-t-this curse: I have to f-f-f-f-find someone and t-t-t-t-telll them this story. Then the c-c-c-c-curse is gonna be passed on to them. A-a-and that´s all, folks!"

OldSkin

"Mousezarella"

A mouse. To this day this mouse is talked amongst the other similar rodents as the One True Mouse. He without any help achieved what no other rat achieved in all their lives, true immortality. This is the story of how this mouse achieved the highest peak of fame.

On a sunny day, Mouse was awoken by a strange noise coming from the mythical hole in the wall. Being a very curious rodent, nothing stopped him from entering into this mysterious and dangerous adventure.

With caution, Mouse sneaked a look through the hole, and what he saw, completely astonished him. On the top of a four-legged mountain, there it stood. It was so shiny like gold and it's smelled made his mind completely blank. The Holy Feta!

All the other rodents saw this tiny friend with absolute reverence as no one in their hole dared to exit the hole for eternity.

Mouse was determined to reach the Holy Feta and be revered as the One True Mouse! But the journey to the Holy Feta was filled with peril.

Slippery ground; traps filled with untold temptations; giant pillars that when they saw you began to scream leading to a storm of world-breaking stomps that would lead to certain death if you were unlucky; and the worst, a beast so treacherous, so evil, that the mere sight of its whiskers would make any mice cower in fear.

But Mouse, with unwavering courage and determination, manage against all odds, wind through all those difficulties to reach the Holy Feta. And so to achieve it, he was only missing one last hurdle, the Four-Legged Mountain!

He began climbing. He tried to go by the easy way the four-legged pillars, but what seemed easy turned impossible. The pillars were so steep and so slippery that our courageous mouse couldn't climb it. So he had to find another way up.

While searching He found that near the Four-Legged Mountain, there stood another but smaller Four-Legged Mountain! So it began, the dangerous climbing! Tall cliffs that with one misstep would lead to a failed journey; feet stuck into the treacherous ground; and one final climb.

It was only after several hours that our courageous mouse had done it. There in front of him stood the thing that every mouse heard during bedtime stories. A thing so holy that a single whiff would make your mind clearer and burn all your unholy thoughts. A color that shined so bright that even in the darkest time would serve as guidance to safety.

Mouse approached the Holy Feta. With each step, his mind was filled with visions of glory and fame. The sight of a successful return to his fellow mice made his step firmer by the second.

Right, when he would achieve immortality by being the first mouse to ever taste the Holy Feta, he died of .... heart attack.

In the chronicles, of the courageous mouse, in the end, there was a single sentence.

"A-a-and that's all, folks!"

Mihou

Firefly—
I have a story to tell you... this story is about an ending... an ending that never had a start, simply put... this is already the ending of the story, the ending of our love- the ending of us... A-a-and that's all, folks!

GhostlyArtz

It…

Is chaos. Undeniable chaos. There is blood, dripping down the stage as the dragon feasts.

There should be screams. People are running, mouths skewed open so there should be screams. She can’t hear anything over the thumping of her heart. It feels like it’s about to escape, to make a mad dash outside and away.

She should do that. Really, she should. Her heart had a great idea. A brilliant one.

Her legs couldn’t move though, they stayed frozen on the stage a mere yard from the dragon eating the trainer.

She heard that scream. She wished she didn’t, but she did.

She gulps, eyes the lever that would close the stage off from everyone else. Something that would keep the dragon away.

As long as it doesn’t notice her.

She shouldn’t- she should run.

She doesn’t.

The lever clicks with a quiet snick. The dragon looks up, fins flared wide and teeth glistening red.

The world shakes as the wooden walls collapses. The earth trembles with the dragons rage and-

She laughs, this broken noise as she says, “A-a-and that's all, folks!"