9th to 16th place of Trending/New Series of Front Page

RaidenInfinity

One who draws catgirls
Yes, as titled. I can't understand why isn't this possible.

Currently, clicking the right arrow button on Trending/Latest Series shifts the slider from #1~#8 to #2~#9. But does that have any actual purpose? Why not reveal another set of eight (#9~#16) instead? Does the addition of 7 (or 14 if counting latest series) more works to front page generate that much of additional bandwidth or strain?

That's it.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Yes, as titled. I can't understand why isn't this possible.

Currently, clicking the right arrow button on Trending/Latest Series shifts the slider from #1~#8 to #2~#9. But does that have any actual purpose? Why not reveal another set of eight (#9~#16) instead? Does the addition of 7 (or 14 if counting latest series) more works to front page generate that much of additional bandwidth or strain?

That's it.
If you are using mobile, it only shows 3, and you can swipe to see the next 3, and then the next 3, for a total of 9
I assume that's why?

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
I mean if the user really wants to see more trending stories, then can always click that view more button.
Heck they can go all the way to a hundred at that point.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I mean if the user really wants to see more trending stories, then can always click that view more button.
Heck they can go all the way to a hundred at that point.
I know that, but I still agree that it would be nice to have access to them in the front page instead of needing to load a new page~

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Speaking of choices, why not have the option to hide those--trending and latest additions? Perhaps the visitor might prefer to only see the latest updates in the front page.

Back in the day, web designers liked cluttering their sites with all kinds of bells and whistles. MS even included a marquee tag in their IE to support and encourage that chaotic mentality.

AliceShiki

Speaking of choices, why not have the option to hide those--trending and latest additions? Perhaps the visitor might prefer to only see the latest updates in the front page.

Back in the day, web designers liked cluttering their sites with all kinds of bells and whistles. MS even included a marquee tag in their IE to support and encourage that chaotic mentality.
The whole point of the trending page and latest series sections is to give visibility to those series... It kinda loses its point if you give people the option to remove the extra visibility portions of the areas made to give extra visibility to the stories...

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
As expected, AliceShiki.

The blinking twelve was a prevalent phenomenon because a fraction were too lazy to change the settings while the majority were apprehensive or simply didn't know how.

Choices are choices because people can choose. The default is what we have now.

People who install adblockers do so because they don't want distractions from current interests. When they are of the mind to buy products or services, then and only then will they consult ads and reviews.

For example, I will eventually sample every novel on this site. What does popularity have to do with my tastes and reading priorities?

AliceShiki

For example, I will eventually sample every novel on this site. What does popularity have to do with my tastes and reading priorities?
You can use the Release Filtering the filter what kind of novels appear in the front page in order to better suit your tastes. This also affects the Trending and the New Novels sections.