A better plot for the Monster Hunter Movie (in my opinion)

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
So I was watching a Monster Hunter Movie Review by a Youtuber that I subscribed to. The movie's basically a western Isekai. As a veteran hunter who played majority of the MH games (right from the first one in PS2), I was deeply disappointed by the movie. I didn't watch the movie, and after watching the movie review, I even want to pretend that it doesn't exist. Since I'm an author, I at least want to try and improve the plot. Here's my version:

The MC lost his parents when he was a small child, both of them hunters, when they got killed by a Jinouga. Not even their bodies were found. The only things that remained was the katana used by his father and a broken horn dropped by the Jinouga. Ever since then, the MC swore to become a hunter and kill the Jinouga to avenge his parents. Fast forward to when he became a teen. He's now an apprentice to a hunter who was a close friend to his parents, and he has a Calico as his partner. Eager to find the killer of his parents, he's always trying to become stronger by defeating every single monster he sees, even innocent Mosswines.

His master, who had decades of experience as a hunter, uses a light bowgun and also has a Calico of his own. Unlike his bloodthirsty apprentice, the master is calm and collected. On more than one occasion, he advised the MC to hunt only when necessary, and never kill out of anger. Sadly, his advise always falls to deaf ears.

One day, the four of them got attacked by a Gore Magala. It was a tough battle, and they narrowly won. Their mistake however was not making sure that it was dead before leaving. The survived Gore Magala fly over to a sacred mountain and transforms itself into Shagaru Magala.

Back to the MC's side. Bit by bit, he starts to take on his master's advise and no longer find every single monster detestable. Cue a few light hearted moment of him interacting with some of them (eg: he tried to collect honey from a beehive by putting a bottle underneath it. Just before it was full, an Arzuros appears. The MC instinctively reaches for his katana at his back, but he remembered that he's better than this now. So he just took the half full bottle and ran away with his Calipo.)

Eventually, they found the Jinouga that killed MC's parents. It was terrorzing a village, and they received a mission to subjugate it. Since the MC no longer fight for vengeance, his master allows him to fight it, and even went so far as to give him the katana that MC's father used. His father's memento in hand, the MC charges in to defeat the Jinouga while being supported by his master and their Calicos. They prevailed in the end, and the Jinouga lies dead right in front of him.

Looking at the dead Jinouga, the dead MC didn't feel a single sense of triumph nor emptiness. Instead, he's proud that he managed to prevent innocent people form getting hurt. And his master is proud of his apprentice too.

However, the fight is not over yet. Turns out that the Jinouga was affacted by the Shagaru Magala's frenzy powder. It revived and got into the dangerous Apex State. Using a newly made Wystone, the Mc managed to return the Jinouga to its original state. However, just as he was about to finish off the Jinouga for the second time, his master received an emergency quest in the form of a letter. A supposedly dead Zorah Magdaros has revived and is heading towards the village. It was deduced that the cause of its revival was due to the Shagaru Magala that they failed to kill. Feeling responsible, the two hunters and their Calicos decide to finish their job. Meanwhile, all the other hunters are gathered at the village to prepare for the siege to delay the Zorah Magdaros from destorying the village.

This time, the fight was even tougher. The MC was heavily hurt from the dragon's attack. Just as the Shagaru Magala was about to finish him off, the Jinouga that he spared appears and saves him from the fatal situation. With the help of the Jinouga, they finally manged to defeat the Shagaru Magala, and the effect of the frenzy powder within the Zorah Magdaros disappears, making it dead again.

The MC and the Jinouga face each other after faught alongside each other in the battle just now. The Jinouga lowers his head in defeat, acknowledging that the MC has every right to take its life after defeating it twice. But the MC decides to spare it. The movie ends with the MC, his master and their Calicos going off to more adventure.

Sorry for the long plot. I hope you'll enjoy it.

ForestDweller

I left the movie near the end since I had to go to the toilet and when I got back, it's already the credits.

What an awful shitshow. Reminds you that the Pikachu and Sonic movies are anomalies.

KaiKai

A shitstain directed by one who did not care about Monster hunter