A bit irritated by trending-chan

nanchengnv

Don’t mind me, just complaining about trending here.
So I just noticed I got to top 3 in weekly trending. The problem is I never got into any of the top 10 places for daily trending that everyone sees in the front page. It kind of vexes me, although maybe it’s understandable, given my very sporadic chapter release schedule.

Last edited:

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Don’t mind me, just complaining about tending here.
So I just noticed I got to top 3 in weekly trending. The problem is I never got into any of the top 10 places for daily trending that everyone sees in the front page. It kind of vexes me, although maybe it’s understandable, given my very sporadic chapter release schedule.
No one knows about the requirements to get onto trending, so really can't help you out by giving you an answer......

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Well, some of the variables are known and obvious, but the weight behind them and how the system dilutes a lot of other sources of data is naturally a mystery. I'd say the less you care the better even though I know it's easy to say. You aren't really able to do much to influence it besides "peaking" in views, which is done by for eg. releasing many chapters on a certain day, hoping that other's on that day didn't do much better than you.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
Don’t mind me, just complaining about tending here.
You say that but I've gone 3 months without ever trending with Necro...
It's just how trending works

WritingSimulator

Yeah trending can be quite weird. My novel gained a lot of views and readers at the beginning, but only showed up on the front page of trending after 20 or so chapters. Then I started showing up a couple times every week.

D

Deleted member 45782

I probably shouldn’t have the right to complain though, my chapter count is still very low. Also, I got lucky a while back too, getting no. 6 in trending with only 6 chapters.
That is pretty darn good. Nice! :D

dvelasquez

It's quite weird how that thing works, honestly. But oh well, I guess it could anger someone not to appear on trending. I would just advise keeping writing and you will someday appear, or if you really want to appear, do a mass release or something like that, especially at different hours, as you will appear more on the frontal page among the recently updated chapters.

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
I trend twice with Sleeping Princess once I came back from my hiatus. My guess is because I went from dead 0 to something in a small span of time. I saw the same thing happen with that one web novel...Tutoring the Spoiled.

So go on a 6-month journey to the highest mountain in the land and sit under an icy waterfall. Learn the ways of the gnomes then come back home and write. Then and only then will you hit trending.