A bit late to the party, CN WNs... (A rant, probably)

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Have not been doing anything productive, both at work as well as in writing/ editing old shit.

Decided to trudge through CN WNs cuz they are all busy bots churning chapters like honey bees.

Suddenly noticed the general trend to be on "future knowledge" and "being so smart, learn sword in an instant" .

Was puzzled but amused, especially when some explored on future knowledge than just Re:Zero (SSS Suicide Hunter) style. One actually featured a guy getting his consciousness sent to the alternative futures and have limited time to scrape info cuz that is the only thing he can bring back. "The past is set and the future is limitless" is the MC's mantra as he does a Kang Hansoo and gets the goodies first. The second future knowledge thing is just Mirai Nikki minus the crazy cast, dropped within three chapters

Then there is the "I is smart, I learn sword" trend and me reading two different works by different authors being confused at their names. One is called "I is smart, I learn sword at sword gallery" and the other one is "I is smart, I learn sword at sword grave".

I feel the Re:monster trend all over again with every author spamming Re: like nobodies business.

Anyone got the same vibe when they visit Webnovel, Royalroad and maybe even here?

BlackKnightX

So is isekai. That’s not even a trope anymore, it is a genre—I really mean that. If you go check on a very famous Japanese web novel site, you’ll see an isekai genre on the list.

Personally, I like it, all of it (web novel’s tropes). I’m the right audience, you can say that. Same thing as eating your favorite food over and over again and never seem to get tired of it. Maybe one day, sure, but then you find yourself coming back at it again after sometime, and the cycle repeats.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
It’s all just literary popcorn to me same with isekai and the rest. Meat and fruit is more nutritious than popcorn, chocolate is sweater, ramen is cheaper, but I’ll still snack on popcorn. Doesn’t mean it has any real substance though.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Have not been doing anything productive, both at work as well as in writing/ editing old shit.

Decided to trudge through CN WNs cuz they are all busy bots churning chapters like honey bees.

Suddenly noticed the general trend to be on "future knowledge" and "being so smart, learn sword in an instant" .

Was puzzled but amused, especially when some explored on future knowledge than just Re:Zero (SSS Suicide Hunter) style. One actually featured a guy getting his consciousness sent to the alternative futures and have limited time to scrape info cuz that is the only thing he can bring back. "The past is set and the future is limitless" is the MC's mantra as he does a Kang Hansoo and gets the goodies first. The second future knowledge thing is just Mirai Nikki minus the crazy cast, dropped within three chapters

Then there is the "I is smart, I learn sword" trend and me reading two different works by different authors being confused at their names. One is called "I is smart, I learn sword at sword gallery" and the other one is "I is smart, I learn sword at sword grave".

I feel the Re:monster trend all over again with every author spamming Re: like nobodies business.

Anyone got the same vibe when they visit Webnovel, Royalroad and maybe even here?
I know how to do the sword. - Trust me

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Look up at Webnovel and search for the word "Harem" there is this new trend where literally every new novel has the "me with an x harem in the apocalypse" or something retarded like that
Must be a re-populate the world fantasy.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Isekai Harem Sex Apocalypse Where Sex Is Payment But Only Protagonist Gets Laid

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~

I'm also a bit of a grandmaster In the way of the sword. I began learning the sword when I was 2 years old coz why not. I managed to perfect the heaven shattering sword art in the span of just 3 years and became the strongest at the age of five. Since then, I lived following the martial dao ever since.

Dudealien

Pepsiman is my stand
I'm also a bit of a grandmaster In the way of the sword. I began learning the sword when I was 2 years old coz why not. I managed to perfect the heaven shattering sword art in the span of just 3 years and became the strongest at the age of five. Since then, I lived following the martial dao ever since.
While you were having a normal life, I studied the art of the heavenly demonic sword

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Sounds good. What's wrong with apocalyptic harems!?
They are always shit and the 'women' if you can even call them that, are nothing but sentient blow-up dolls. The main 'character' is always a one-dimensional scumbag who is always, narcissistic, obsessed with sex, getting rich, and being a coward when there is a threat, he can't be sure he can 100%.

I understand evil protagonists are a thing, but these guys are subhuman. I understand the apocalypse is horrid, but God damn these people are lower than sewer rats.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
ah so it's badly written harem smut with plastic titties. On the plus side, it can't be that horrendous an apocalypse if all he does is gather sex slaves :cool: