Writing A body containing two souls so does that mean two different powers?

lOpWolfl

Okay I've been probably overthinking this but I have this scenario where my MC didn't die instead have to body share shortly after being transmigrated. Does that mean a single vessel housing two souls mean that the use of two different power is possible? Cheat powers and the original body owner powers?

Nihilaine

My story has the same two souls in one body setting and I made the power of the original soul been slowly being corroded/converted to the transmigrated power. I initially thought of doing that two different powers as well since its possible (I'm the author after all muwahaha) but I don't want to make my MC too OP so yeah.

The thing that gives me headache though is balancing the two psyche as to not make the one seem inferior to the other. =_=;

Last edited:

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
The simple answer is, what the author says, goes. If you want the body to have two powers because of two souls, be creative about it and do it. You don't have to worry about whether or not it's possible. The fact that he already even has two souls is beyond the realms of possibility.

Arkus86

I guess it depends what is the power (whatever it means in this context) tied to.

If the powers you have in mind come from the soul, then yes, but if they are tied to the body, or if there is some other system to it that does not apply to the "parasite" soul, then no.

And if you have no real system in mind, I worry for the future of your story.

lOpWolfl

y has the same two souls in one body setting and I made the power of the original soul been slowly being corroded/converted to the transmigrated power. I initially thought of doing that two different powers as well since its possible (I'm the author after all muwahaha) but I don't want to make my MC too OP so yeah.

The thing that gives me headache though is balancing the two psyche as to not make the one seem inferior to the other. =_=;
Well my mc is a digital lifeform and the power he carried over are the ones from a certain virtual game he plays and controls. I think i'll face the same problem as yours later on. But i was also thinking of making the powers shareable between the two souls.

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
First of all, where did this power come from? Does it root from the body or the soul? Whatever you decide. If both souls have different attribute you can do something like switch attribute as well.

On the other hand, if the body has a fixed attribute/attributes you can only use what's within that scope and let the two share.

or... you can combine both and create a new one. Hahaha!

lOpWolfl

First of all, where did this power come from? Does it root from the body or the soul? Whatever you decide. If both souls have different attribute you can do something like switch attribute as well.

On the other hand, if the body has a fixed attribute/attributes you can only use what's within that scope and let the two share.

or... you can combine both and create a new one. Hahaha!
That is actually a good suggestion.