A group name for "classic" fantasy races

Napelynn

Oh, just for fooling around, can you name the most oppressed group in your story 'Gamers.'
That's probably not going to happen @Agentt ... People normally aren't so willing to put dumb things in their writing as a joke...

Jemini

I had never considered that, but it my world they would probably be called wingless fairies, because the fey rule the culture in my world and elves are kinda mid to lower class. (Humans being pretty solidly lower class to slave status.)

Anyway, I am actually of a mind to do less grouping. I have taken to uniquely naming each of the races normally collectively called "beastmen" in most novels. By my reckoning, that's an extremely human centric way to refer to them, and it really doesn't make all that much sense to group them. I started by looking up IRL for animal-human mix creatures and got quite a few names out of that. All I can really remember at the moment though is that Aldet is the name for a human with K-9 features in Egyptian lore (or Anubis for the Jackal tribe in particular,) and then of course Harpies are human-bird creatures in Greek lore.

(I might have to start my research of the names for the beast tribes over again.)

It is less convenient to call them all different names, but it adds depth to your world building.