Writing A Guide to Unpublish Your Work and Move on

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
You've been through a lot of (very little) ups and downs, through the dark days where nothing works and through the bright nights where creativity overflows. You have spent countless, for you have long ago lost count, of how many hours, how many happiness, how many rests, you have forsaken to do what you once thought was the right path, to sit down alone and in solitude, to write the thoughts which would never leave your mind, to inspire countless others to do the same. It has been a wild ride, and you enjoyed every moment of it.

However, everything must come to an end. You have weathered through trending, stood at the top of the page, raked in reviews, soaked under the readers' encouragements, but it was time to put down the mantle, which you knew, though satisfying, brought about nothing to your living, breathing life that would continue on, though without the hobby you used to do.

This is a guide for those who had lost their first spark. This is a guide for those who had decided to move on. They aren't the defeated. They are the survivors, who would live on to tell the tale of their glorious past, and felt thankful for what had happened. Despite not working out, writing has given them a valuable experience, an experience which everyone would cherish, an experience upon which one would spend the rest of their life building.

Now is the time, the time to move on.

1. Enter the Dashboard.
  2. Below the blue box +Add Series, Delete can be found. Click on it.
  3. Enter the name of the series you wish to delete. Click the red Delete button.
  4. Repeats all the previous steps until all series have been deleted.
Good luck on the next episode of your life, and farewell, a person whom I have never met. I will remember your presence during the sober night that would occasionally visit us.

What about you, the authors who haven't given up? How many times have such thoughts permeate your mind? Have you given in?

ForestDweller

What about you, the authors who haven't given up? How many times have such thoughts permeate your mind? Have you given in?

I've abandoned stories and stopped writing multiple times before, only to come back a year later or more.

Guess I just can't stop.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
You've been through a lot of (very little) ups and downs, through the dark days where nothing works and through the bright nights where creativity overflows. You have spent countless, for you have long ago lost count, of how many hours, how many happiness, how many rests, you have forsaken to do what you once thought was the right path, to sit down alone and in solitude, to write the thoughts which would never leave your mind, to inspire countless others to do the same. It has been a wild ride, and you enjoyed every moment of it.

However, everything must come to an end. You have weathered through trending, stood at the top of the page, raked in reviews, soaked under the readers' encouragements, but it was time to put down the mantle, which you knew, though satisfying, brought about nothing to your living, breathing life that would continue on, though without the hobby you used to do.

This is a guide for those who had lost their first spark. This is a guide for those who had decided to move on. They aren't the defeated. They are the survivors, who would live on to tell the tale of their glorious past, and felt thankful for what had happened. Despite not working out, writing has given them a valuable experience, an experience which everyone would cherish, an experience upon which one would spend the rest of their life building.

Now is the time, the time to move on.

1. Enter the Dashboard.
  2. Below the blue box +Add Series, Delete can be found. Click on it.
  3. Enter the name of the series you wish to delete. Click the red Delete button.
  4. Repeats all the previous steps until all series have been deleted.
Good luck on the next episode of your life, and farewell, a person whom I have never met. I will remember your presence during the sober night that would occasionally visit us.

tbh im kinda tempted to do this bc who reads my novels that ive started and stopped two years ago anyway. who would even notice? :blobtaco:

p.s. - did you know lizy's new april's resolution is to learn to code? yw. :blob_highfive:

Agentt

Thighs
Well, I have deleted many of my works. Works which were great ideas but were ruined by my immature writing. They will resurrect again, someday.

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
tbh im kinda tempted to do this bc who reads my novels that ive started and stopped two years ago anyway. who would even notice? :blobtaco:

p.s. - did you know lizy's new april's resolution is to learn to code? yw. :blob_highfive:
Stfu rex, where's your marvellous novel with a great synopsis. How dare you deleted it, you twat!

tounokenja

Gyaru connoisseur
>delete

BRUH! Just set every chapter to draft! What a shame, all those beautiful words gone to the void...

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
When Ai-chan just started? Many times.

After FSL was published? Exactly 2 times. Both when Ai-chan was accused for pedophilia and FSL was reported to Amazon for pedophilia. Amazon agreed with Ai-chan that there was nothing pedophilic about the story and dismissed the claim, but to think that there were lowlives who would do such a thing to ruin someone else's joy. This wasn't random. Ai-chan was very sure that both people were competitors from Royalroad back then who were jealous that FSL managed to reach top 50 and beaten many traditionally published books on Amazon. The style of writing was exactly the same as one of the scathing mail Ai-chan received back in RRL. In hindsight, Ai-chan probably shouldn't have rubbed it in back then, but that was Ai-chan's first publication and it succeeded beyond all expectations. So why wouldn't Ai-chan brag about it?

Now, on Scribblehub? No such feeling. Ai-chan has matured a little as an author and petty remarks from jealous little bitches does not affect Ai-chan anymore. You want to give Ai-chan 1-star? Well fuck you! But go ahead, Ai-chan doesn't care. Ruining other people's fun is the only way you can feel good about yourself, you sad little excuse of a garbage can. And if one day Ai-chan does decide to one day remove Ai-chan's stories, you shall carry that burden, you little shits. You don't feel the karma now, but one day you will.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Rather, I have a novel published, but no chapters in it....