A guy who eats monsters - choose your MC! xD

Choose your MC!

• Chef MC who loves cooking - the story would have a lot of cooking details

• Ordinary MC who just eats monsters to survive and get stronger

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
So, other than a cultivator in the RPG world there's another great idea I have and want to try writing - MC from Earth is transported to another world with a System. And his Class gives him the ability to gain powers from monsters he eats. But here's the thing - I'm not sure if I should make the MC a Chef who actually cooks the monsters before eating them, in this case, it would be necessary to describe the cooking process in detail. Or should he just eat them raw, or sometimes cooking, but just at the basic level like frying them and that's it? In other words, should I make the monster-eating MC into a Chef who enjoys cooking and is a master of it, or should he just be an ordinary guy who eats monsters casually?

BTW, in both cases, he would gain monster powers and would use them to his advantage. Please help me decide.
So, a little bit like how Hajime Nagumo from the Arifureta LN series gains abilities/perks/boosts to his stats/skills from eating monsters?
'-'

I think both ideas could work, though how would other people in that world react to it?
Would eating monsters be seen as normal, or barbaric?

X

TroubleFait

Not a chef, but an alchemist.
As in, you can't consume the meat as is, you need to process it first.
And eventually you can transform it into cooking.
If you play it well, you can avoid getting trapped in a cooking routine, by integratkng it into the plot. So, when there's something new you talk about it, but otherwise you can gloss it over.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
I mean, do you cook? Could you describe it well?

If so I most certainly would. Put some of yourself into your writing.