Writing Prompt A Hero that can alternate between genders

• Thread starter Deleted member 26725
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 26725

I thought of helping out this guy here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/311225/the-hero-that-can-change-gender/

The premise is of a gender-fluid trap boy that got summoned as a hero, but the gift they received allows him to change genders.
The MC also seems to be a perverted pansexual person, with desires to build a pansexual harem.
Can you suggest what and how the story can develop and what powers the MC could have on their forms?

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I got 'Ways gender to be implemented into skills and traits', 'The Yin Yang Technique balance of Morality and personalities', 'Opposite roles of Boys and Girls', 'Bloodlines roles for males and females', 'Split-Personality and enviroment of Psyche' and 'The Birds, bees and Gender Roles'.

I also have a few more in stock but those ones are costly so I won't be using those.

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
I don't want to be that person... but don't you mean change sex? As in, even the chromosomes change? If there are no levels in the world or no balancing system, you'd be looking into the male form for strength, and the female form for dexterity, then you can go ham based on that.
If there are levels and such, sex would just be... irrelevant unless there is smut in the story.

If the mc was a functioning member of a society based on science like ours, it'd be a no brainer to go for a muscular shape for 'combat' since you know... testosterone. If the mc's perceived notions of genders play a role, it'd be more interesting in the struggle to survive in the case they choose an andogynous shape... since that'd mean objective disadvantage for being a hero (I'm assuming defeating a great evil like a demon king).

The powers could be more inclined towards his previous life's abilities, like fencing when he was a kid, track & field when he was in highscool, or sciences when he distanced himself from the male idea of sports (maybe, maybe not), since you said he's a gender-fluid trap-boy. You could use his skills to build his backstory, like his grandma or smth taught him how to cook and so he can learn alchemy easier or some nonsense like that.

Now, you mentioned a pansexual harem... which is a very interesting concept for worldbuilding in a fantasy setting. If people have levels, sexism would be realistically non-existant, and gender expressions would be more open, which works wonders for that kind of harem.

Hope it helps a little!

Jemini

If you're gonna do this sort of theme, the writing should really take a feather out of Rumiko Takahara's cap. (Manga ka who wrote Ranma 1/2.) Basically, focus in on the idea of gender roles as they change through each form and play up the awkward teenage bit.

I have seen a few other series that tried to go the route of a more serious take on the Ranma 1/2 concept. One of the better ones is this series called "Futaba Kun Change." It still has a bit of a comedic tone, but it tones down the comedy compared to Ranma and also focuses in on gender roles a lot more.

In essence, try to speak to a wider audience. Being gender fluid is something that is an extreme minority in society. However, curiosity about being the other gender is something fairly wide spread. So, focus in on the concept of what it's like to be each gender and how the world around the MC reacts to them when they become each gender. You can work in what it's like to be gender fluid within that, but you have to make that more of a side issue than the wider context of what it's like to be each gender individually.

Ultimately, that's really what made Ranma 1/2 so popular to begin with. It allowed for some questioning of gender roles and exploring what it's like to be an awkward teenager by making things extremely awkward for the gender changing MC. A lot of gender bender series forget this these days and just want to make a gender bent character "just because" without really understanding it.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I thought of helping out this guy here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/311225/the-hero-that-can-change-gender/

The premise is of a gender-fluid trap boy that got summoned as a hero, but the gift they received allows him to change genders.
The MC also seems to be a perverted pansexual person, with desires to build a pansexual harem.
Can you suggest what and how the story can develop and what powers the MC could have on their forms?
Man I saw the title of this thread and I thought, "man Vini posted this for sure" I fucking KNEW with an absolute certainty, that it was you.

I could feel it in my left nut.

The nut never lies.
If you're gonna do this sort of theme, the writing should really take a feather out of Rumiko Takahara's cap. (Manga ka who wrote Ranma 1/2.) Basically, focus in on the idea of gender roles as they change through each form and play up the awkward teenage bit.

I have seen a few other series that tried to go the route of a more serious take on the Ranma 1/2 concept. One of the better ones is this series called "Futaba Kun Change." It still has a bit of a comedic tone, but it tones down the comedy compared to Ranma and also focuses in on gender roles a lot more.

In essence, try to speak to a wider audience. Being gender fluid is something that is an extreme minority in society. However, curiosity about being the other gender is something fairly wide spread. So, focus in on the concept of what it's like to be each gender and how the world around the MC reacts to them when they become each gender. You can work in what it's like to be gender fluid within that, but you have to make that more of a side issue than the wider context of what it's like to be each gender individually.

Ultimately, that's really what made Ranma 1/2 so popular to begin with. It allowed for some questioning of gender roles and exploring what it's like to be an awkward teenager by making things extremely awkward for the gender changing MC. A lot of gender bender series forget this these days and just want to make a gender bent character "just because" without really understanding it.
Do any of those stories ever address the difficulties of womanhood? Like periods and shoulder pains? Cuz I never see that, and its weird.

D

Deleted member 26725

Man I saw the title of this thread and I thought, "man Vini posted this for sure" I fucking KNEW with an absolute certainty, that it was you.

The nut never lies.

Do any of those stories ever address the difficulties of womanhood? Like periods and shoulder pains? Cuz I never see that, and its weird.
I said I thought of helping this guy because its novel caught my eye! 😅

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
I'm sorry, but unless the Hero changes genders of an overpowered species like a gender-fluid version of Ben 10 ain't no way the gift of just shifting sexes will aid them in being a hero. Not with a human's measly physique in the world of other humans.

D

Deleted member 26725

The nut never lies.

I’ve sent these suggestions to the author of that story

What can you say about the character being pansexual and desiring a harem?
Please, take a read on this novel to get a better idea: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/311225/the-hero-that-can-change-gender/

Last edited by a moderator:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
The person could get pregnant as a female, but swapping back to male form during the pregnancy would cause an automatic abortion.
After the baby is born, swapping is safe because male form can also lactate!

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Well one more book I can think of that has gender change for power is Kampfer.