Recommendations A legit and uncommon novel in ScribbleHub by my standards

thorbjorn42gbf

oh lawd the BIBLE
There is mentioning of angels. That’s borderline fantasy.
Not to mention quite a lot of romance and sexual elements in different variations, Drama (if you don't call getting nailed to a cross because your friend didn't like you drama I don't know what you would call it) Talking about being nailed to crosses that does seem pretty traumatizing, else the kids getting mauled by a bear would probably count, it definitely have some supernatural stuff, like prophesying the end of the world.

The bible fall wayyy outside his criteria.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
What about ye ole' fairy tales? There's a lot of blood, gore, and rape there. I'd argue that getting stewed is a little more traumatizing than getting nailed to a cross.

thorbjorn42gbf

On a more serious note I really don't get wanting to avoid drama, its one of the main driving forces of a large majority of plots, like for example Nina Is not OK is a wonderful contemporary book about a 17 year old girl ruining her life with alcohol, humorous at time but also deeply serious, dealing with the fact that some times drunk you isn't who you want to be. Which cause drama (and sexual moments which you also want to avoid apparently), without drama it would basically just be about a girl that realise she have a drinking problem and then stops drinking, and christ that story would have been boring.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
I found a story that fits all the criteria! Except, it's not on scribblehub.

Dude, check out Dr. Suess. "Green Eggs and Ham". Pretty sure it hits all the bullet points.
Non-human characters are not allowed.

I would have recommended a history textbook, but human history doesn't meet the sexual requirements and also exceeds the horror requirements.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
On a more serious note I really don't get wanting to avoid drama, its one of the main driving forces of a large majority of plots, like for example Nina Is not OK is a wonderful contemporary book about a 17 year old girl ruining her life with alcohol, humorous at time but also deeply serious, dealing with the fact that some times drunk you isn't who you want to be. Which cause drama (and sexual moments which you also want to avoid apparently), without drama it would basically just be about a girl that realise she have a drinking problem and then stops drinking, and christ that story would have been boring.
It's not "completely" avoid it, but keep it to a "minimum".

Heck, some genres go hand in hand with another, because they complement each other. Restricting the content to this extent kicks out 99.9% of the works here on scribble hub and wattpad and royal road and basically every other online publishing platform. Rather than writing a confusing table, actually describing what kind of books you like @lacombe4545 would have spared you a lot of roasting.

But then again, you haven't come online once to check the plenty amount of responses since opening this thread. So, you either gave up or actually found one book yourself.

LWFlouisa

To be fair, that is what he's asking, and badly at that. I still dont know what his criterions are aside from his listed genres from Historical to Verse.

How can you have science fiction / tragedy without intrusive virtual reality that makes your brain collapse in on itself.

It's sort of like saying "I want a romance novel, but please no ****ing in it sil vous plait." ( And yes, I've known some people that legit ask for that in the past. )

There are just some elements that are just part of the genre you're writing.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
Alright then, While taking a break from the extreme criterion criticism found here I'll try to recommend the closest story I can think of.

@BenJepheneT 's mind scares even weird people like me on normal days.

Romantic - Minimal to none
Horror - Moderate to none (not gore, trauma, or violence) Thriller and psychological preferred
Drama - Minimal to none

These are the only places you don't axe so I assume these are the only things you are interested in. The story involves a real and complicated romance, but isn't sexual. It is a psychological thriller. There is drama related to the romance and psychological thriller aspects.

It's NOT,
Sexual
Game
Supernatural
Fantasy
Heroics
Sports
Fan-fiction/Derivative Works

The places where it arguably falls short is,
Extraplanetary - because the characters are non-human. Though maybe you will allow some wiggle room here because I frankly have no fucking clue what the hell those things/characters are in this story. They aren't ghosts, despite what you may think, and they aren't anything standard that I have ever read about before.
Technological - because it's tagged as cyberpunk. But isn't it uncommon still? Cyberpunk, there are only 16 stories with this tag on this website and the cyberpunk theme is just a momentary background setting, but not actually an important part of the story. The story is about a very odd romance.

The synopsis doesn't do the story justice. It's a SSSCV story. Clearly, it was the strangest thing I have read in a long time, not just on scribblehub. I would say it's more than just uncommon, it's damn strange and original.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Alright then, While taking a break from the extreme criterion criticism found here I'll try to recommend the closest story I can think of.

@BenJepheneT 's mind scares even weird people like me on normal days.

Romantic - Minimal to none
Horror - Moderate to none (not gore, trauma, or violence) Thriller and psychological preferred
Drama - Minimal to none

These are the only places you don't axe so I assume these are the only things you are interested in. The story involves a real and complicated romance, but isn't sexual. It is a psychological thriller. There is drama related to the romance and psychological thriller aspects.

It's NOT,
Sexual
Game
Supernatural
Fantasy
Heroics
Sports
Fan-fiction/Derivative Works

The places where it arguably falls short is,
Extraplanetary - because the characters are non-human. Though maybe you will allow some wiggle room here because I frankly have no fucking clue what the hell those things/characters are in this story. They aren't ghosts, despite what you may think, and they aren't anything standard that I have ever read about before.
Technological - because it's tagged as cyberpunk. But isn't it uncommon still? Cyberpunk, there are only 16 stories with this tag on this website and the cyberpunk theme is just a momentary background setting, but not actually an important part of the story. The story is about a very odd romance.

The synopsis doesn't do the story justice. It's a SSSCV story. Clearly, it was the strangest thing I have read in a long time, not just on scribblehub. I would say it's more than just uncommon, it's damn strange and original.
yoooooo thanks for the clout

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
yeah but damn that is one hell of a mind to just... stop drinking. fuck me she couldve started levitating and turning diary into cheese at will

Maunomau

D

Deleted member 3803

So..in essence, Serf Slice of Life Historical fiction?

Devils.Advocate

An objectionable existence
I guess we can try can see we can hit as many of these tags without crossing the filter. after all, I am sitting in a room full of writers... am I right?

hmm... I am gonna try a synopsis
This is a non-fiction account of my life, I am Salvador Dalí and I lived in the historical late 1920s. I was a fully grown Seinen adult that did very mature things, such as contemporary art (I know its a bit forced but it's fine). Today, I found out my fridge is out of milk it was a real tragedy since I needed my morning cup of tea, also it's a bit of a mystery since I thought I still had some last night, but my servant quickly brought another so there was minimal drama.​
I opened the paper whilst I was having some breakfast, I almost knocked over the flower ornament on the table, my quick action and lighting reflexes caught the falling tiny vase, it was all very exciting but not dramatic at all.​
Ah~ the Russians are still recovering from the 1921 to 1922 famine, life there must be very grim and dark. Regardless, I didn't have time to worry about that. I needed to think of a way to destroy my art rival Pablo Picasso!​
Perhaps I could commit a crime, how can I cause Picasso massive psychological damage. I would befriend and seduce his sister Lola Picasso. (note no actual romance nor sexual encounter ever occur, however, will be very mature).​
To do so I needed a grand strategy, I needed to make sure I have enough absinthe, perhaps in need to buy out the local stocks and obtain some local muscle to do some dirty work. to gain the monopoly on absinthe required good strategies and was a real adventure,​
But To get close to Lola, I needed a disguise, milliary men, they are popular with the ladies. I hide my secret identity of being the greatest artist on earth and pretended to be a lowly milliary school student. While living my school life I quietly stalked her, it was very thrilling, but not to the degree of horror with no scariness.​
I was not sure what verse is, and I hoped I can find out and solve this mystery... while doing all these things and it would work out somehow,​
BOOM!! Done! Ticked all the boxes!!

Last edited:

clover2218

I guess we can try can see we can hit as many of these tags without crossing the filter. after all, I am sitting in a room full of writers... am I right?

hmm... I am gonna try a synopsis
This is a non-fiction account of my life, I am Salvador Dalí and I lived in the historical late 1920s. I was a fully grown Seinen adult that did very mature things, such as contemporary art (I know its a bit forced but it's fine). Today, I found out my fridge is out of milk it was a real tragedy since I needed my morning cup of tea, also it's a bit of a mystery since I thought I still had some last night, but my servant quickly brought another so there was minimal drama.​
I opened the paper whilst I was having some breakfast, I almost knocked over the flower ornament on the table, my quick action and lighting reflexes caught the falling tiny vase, it was all very exciting but not dramatic at all.​
Ah~ the Russians are still recovering from the 1921 to 1922 famine, life there must be very grim and dark. Regardless, I didn't have time to worry about that. I needed to think of a way to destroy my art rival Pablo Picasso!​
Perhaps I could commit a crime, how can I cause Picasso massive psychological damage. I would befriend and seduce his sister Lola Picasso. (note no actual romance nor sexual encounter ever occur, however, will be very mature).​
To do so I needed a grand strategy, I needed to make sure I have enough absinthe, perhaps in need to buy out the local stocks and obtain some local muscle to do some dirty work. to gain the monopoly on absinthe was require good strategies and was a real adventure,​
But To get close to Lola, I needed a disguise, milliary men, they are popular with the ladies. I hide my secret identity of being the greatest artist on earth and pretended to be a lowly milliary school student. While living my school life I quietly stalked her, it was very thrilling, but not to the degree of horror with no scariness.​
I was not sure what verse is, and I hoped I can find out and solve this mystery... while doing all these things and it would work out somehow,​
BOOM!! Done! Ticked all the boxes!!
Damn! I actually enjoyed reading that!!!