Recommendations A legit and uncommon novel in ScribbleHub by my standards

lacombe4545

I'm bored of reading these cliche novels (even if the plot is not really cliche, because of the saturation in the genre, novel makes me think so)

Criteria:
Description
Quality
Romantic Elements (Platonic, Passionate) (not Harem)Minimal to None
Sexual Elements (Ecchi/Hentai, Gender Bender, Anthropomorphic Characters, Loli/Shota, Furries, Harem, Smut, etc.)None
Game Elements (Game Worlds, Systems, Classes, Levels, Dungeons, VR, etc.)None
Extraplanetary Elements (Aliens, Space Civilizations, Space Opera, Advancement of Technologies, Parallel/Other Worlds or Universes, Non-human Characters, Mecha, etc.)None
Supernatural/Apocalyptic Elements (Zombie/Ghost Outbreaks, Magic, Vampires, Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Werewolves, Dragons, End of the World, Post-Apocalyptic, etc.)None
Technological Elements (Dystopia, Steampunk, Cyberpunk)None
Fantasy Elements (High Fantasy, Low Fantasy, Isekai, Urban Fantasy, Reincarnation, Mythology, etc.)None
Heroics (Wuxia, Xianxia, Martial Arts, Cultivation, Ruling Class, Superheroes, etc.)None
Sport Elements (Traditional Sports, E-Sports, etc.)None
Horror Elements (Gore, Violence, Traumatizing Content) (Psychological and Thriller is different)Moderate to None
Fan-fiction/Derivative WorksNone
DramaMinimal to None

I guess the genres that could come out are:

Historical
Action
Mystery
Crime/Detective/Noir
Grimdark
Adult
Psychological
Seinen
Adventure
Mature
Tragedy
Thriller
School Life
Secret Identity
Strategy
War/Military
Contemporary (my favorite)
Non-fiction
Verse

Considering that my "great filter" could fail most of the content in ScribbleHub, I won't add the other criteria. Yet.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Lmao. Considering your snobbishness, I'd have thought you'd be able to articulate your ideas better.

Currently, your post says that you're looking for "no quality" romance, "no quality" sexual elements, "no quality" heroics (wtf is this), "no quality" fanfiction, etc.

What are you even looking for?

Sinpathy

I want pizza. What pizza? Pizza with ham and cheese, but without the cheese. On a second note, take out the bread crust too. Like, ew. Then give me some olives, and one scoop of ice-cream. Strawberry ice-cream of course, what else. Also, the strawberry ice-cream must be dipped in chocolate. Black chocolate. The side of the ham needs to have a fine cut, a nice, christmas tree shape on it. Some chicken floss, and two half-boiled eggs spread around the pan thinly.

I guess that's about it, take-away? Nah, I'll take spaceship delivery.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Considering that my "great filter" could fail most of the content in ScribbleHub, I won't add the other criteria. Yet.
If your filter fails most content, why not just use the built in series finder and look through the remaining results?
You have so much criteria, an algorithm is probably better off than a human.

Sinpathy

What you think you're asking:
1572629413391.png

What everyone else thinks you're asking:
aaaaaa.png

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
To be fair, that is what he's asking, and badly at that. I still dont know what his criterions are aside from his listed genres from Historical to Verse.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
To be fair, that is what he's asking, and badly at that. I still dont know what his criterions are aside from his listed genres from Historical to Verse.
My guess is everything in the table is what he doesn't want to see, and the criterions listed from Historical to Verse are ones he is okay with.
Which can easily done with the built in filter

ConTroll

Eternal Wood
My guess is everything in the table is what he doesn't want to see, and the criterions listed from Historical to Verse are ones he is okay with.
Which can easily done with the built in filter

Well the problem is, his criterion interferes with his own restrictions. Based on the genres he likes, he wants some sort of detective thriller story, but without much drama, much romance elements, or much horror elements. Even the military and school genres suffer from his heavy restrictions, which makes me believe he wants to read a slice-of-life type novel where nothing much actually happens. So a fluffy detective story?

His definitions are also dodgy. He uses the word 'heroics' to explain that he doesn't want any elements of people with power, which makes no sense. 'Powers' would have been a better word.

So my recommendation is that he rephrases what he wants so that it's more comprehensible.

Edit: I also don't think he understands the meaning of 'platonic relationships' since he put that under romance.

Last edited:

Owl

Nervous writer
I'm trying to come up with literally any story I have read that wouldn't fall through this filter but nope...

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
I suggest the good old "if you dont like the stories others have written, try writing one yourself that fits your absurdly specific and super hard to match criteria". It's a great story, written like it was.... written by you! :blob_sir: :blob_catflip:

TLCsDestiny

My only thoughts are...Your specifications are making you miss out. Not just in books, I'm assuming life as well. Gotta take the good with the bad. The negatives with positives...It's a part of life.
What happens to someone who's never happy/satisfied?
Well, nothing, they are never happy or satisfied...
Hey, I could be wrong, I sure hope I am but if I'm right...Why don't you live a bit. Get yourself out of the box?

Myewphi

Only think i can think of that could fit these standards is an autobiography? Specifically a biography from the life of someone who has had no romantic encounters, no dramatic events, and no sports

I can write up a quick autobiography, should be boring enough to fit these "standards"

FriendlyDragon

Your friendly local dragon~
So basically, you want a story about a person whose personality is flatter than paper, has essentially no emotion, has no drive to do anything or achieve anything, but also is somehow not depressed. This person also needs to have basically no social life or interactions but gets paid enough to not have to worry about money. :blob_frown: