A little help please with regard to my drawing

Mysticant

Resident Ant
There is just something not sitting right with me here. I am not sure what, but it is bugging me. I would like some help finding out what that is.
Maybe it is the tone, posture or size proportion. I just cannot pick it out.
A little help from anyone or a guide/tutorial to drawing would be much appreciated with said faults. Thank you.
Been a long time since I last drew so please have some mercy.:blob_no:

Untitled10(3).jpg

Edit: Something tells me it is still an issue with the thighs, maybe I should just lengthen the dress and hide away kneesocks. Loli thighs though.
:blob_dizzy:

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
There is just something not sitting right with me here. I am not sure what, but it is bugging me. I would like some help finding out what that is.
Maybe it is the tone, posture or size proportion. I just cannot pick it out.
A little help from anyone or a guide/tutorial to drawing would be much appreciated with said faults. Thank you.
Been a long time since I last drew so please have so mercy.:blob_no:

View attachment 8126

Edit: Something tells me it is still an issue with the thighs, maybe I should just lengthen the dress and hide away kneesocks. Loli thighs though.
:blob_dizzy:
You gotta plump up those thighs. Make them thicker than a bowl of oatmeal.
imo it's the absence of a nose. Makes it uncanny from my perspective
Now that you mention it...it looks kinda creepy now lol. I didn't even notice

Mysticant

Resident Ant

Edit. maybe the size and perspective of hands?

Edit 2: yeah i see about thighs. i was expecting ankles where your knees are I think.
1: The nose is sort of somewhere near the 7th blade of the fan though.
2: Yeah, the hands are probably a bit too small.
3: Hmm I was drawing based on the perspective of a 13/14 y.o girl though, can't go too illegal. Maybe I should just make her even younger. Then I would lack the excuse to draw thighs, but nonetheless.
You gotta plump up those thighs. Make them thicker than a bowl of oatmeal.

Now that you mention it...it looks kinda creepy now lol. I didn't even notice
Thick thighs, a true person of cultures.:blob_salute:

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
1: The nose is sort of somewhere near the 7th blade of the fan though.
2: Yeah, the hands are probably a bit too small.
3: Hmm I was drawing based on the perspective of a 13/14 y.o girl though, can't go too illegal. Maybe I should just make her even younger. Then I would lack the excuse to draw thighs, but nonetheless.
1: the position of the fan is unfortunate then because it shows a hint of a mouth (at least I think that's a mouth) but no hints for a nose, the brain imagines something akin to a mask.

2 and 3 I think your issue is the difference in proportions - the shoulders and arms are too small for the rest of the body, making legs look too long. You also have one hand and a fan much closer to us yet the sizes of both are nearly identical to the other pair.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It looks like the nose is missing to me, too. I realize it should be behind the fan, but if that's the case, it's too low on the face.

Mysticant

Resident Ant

Edit. maybe the size and perspective of hands?

Edit 2: yeah i see about thighs. i was expecting ankles where your knees are I think.
No more thighs but will these proportions be better?
Untitled10(4).jpg

OllieFarthing

View attachment 8129
Those proportions look much better. I think the arm holding the white fan looks a bit awkward compared to the green; I would probably move it further from the body/push the elbow slightly outwards. But that's just me :^)
Already looks like it will be really great with these anatomy changes ^^

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Yeah, now that I can see that the shoulders are turned it looks better. As long as you can maintain that depth in shoulders and arms it would be nice. Just as ollie mentioned a different placement of the left arm (so that you can see how outstretched it is) might work in your favour.

Waskertyioup

The hands are really small, they should be almost the size of the head (well, depends of the style too, but thats the general rule).
Maybe you could mark her left elbow on the clothes a little bit more?
Finally, her knees are really low

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
My only gripe are the hands. They look too small. One rule of thumb that I have is to make them capable of covering most of their face. Try putting your hand on your face and you'll see what I mean.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Okays, thank you everybody for the great feedback. Things definitely look much better.
I will probably find another time in the future to draw legs and just cheat for now. I did realise that part of the reason why it looked weird was that I forgot to draw the forearm under the sleeve. The fingers on the left hand look a bit too small but the hand is half in the sleeve and I probably would have to redraw the fan. I should practice more drawing baggy clothing.
Untitled10(5).jpg

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Rather than spreading the hair into two directions, I would make them flow towards one direction only.
Hair at this length is heavy. Only having the lower half raising up is unnatural. It either is inert with a few shorter strains flying around, or pure chaos :blob_blank:. But anime logic makes it possible so it's personal taste :blob_evil_two:
Hands were already mentioned, but why not make eyes bigger too? :blob_aww: Fish likes lolis with big eyes
Okays, thank you everybody for the great feedback. Things definitely look much better.
I will probably find another time in the future to draw legs and just cheat for now. I did realise that part of the reason why it looked weird was that I forgot to draw the forearm under the sleeve. The fingers on the left hand look a bit too small but the hand is half in the sleeve and I probably would have to redraw the fan. I should practice more drawing baggy clothing.
View attachment 8133

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Rather than spreading the hair into two directions, I would make them flow towards one direction only.
Hair at this length is heavy. Only having the lower half raising up is unnatural. It either is inert with a few shorter strains flying around, or pure chaos :blob_blank:. But anime logic makes it possible so it's personal taste :blob_evil_two:
Hands were already mentioned, but why not make eyes bigger too? :blob_aww: Fish likes lolis with big eyes
This is for a Chinese character though, so I thought that smaller eyes would be okay. The hair-spreading thing is a bit of a conundrum. As the character is launching a fireball there is inertia, so there would be waves on the clothing and hair and both sides. The difference in lighting is also with the main focus on the fireball.
To be honest it was part of the grand scheme so that I could draw loli thighs something cooler than what I would normal draw.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Peach blossom eyes, phoenix eyes :blob_hide:

zettai ryouiki :blob_whistle_two:
1624166717588.png

The evolution from 1 star to 3 star, just kidding. Anyways the eyes were meant to be the first one till I realized that it did not fit the current posture once I was done. As for bigger eyes, well it has been a while since I touched last generation eyes.
RIP zettai ryouiki