Writing A little help with the English language

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
Hello everyone, I hope you have a nice day.

Today's topic may be unusual or strange to you but I'm still looking for help to get it right.

First of all English is not my native language, so my way of writing may not make sense to many people, I have already experienced this in my own

One of them that I don't know how to solve is sometimes the use of pronouns in certain specific situations, and the fact that my novel has gender bender doesn't help either, but that's not today's topic. My most recurring problem that I need help with is as follows:

In my language, there are ways to refer to something without saying that it is explicitly a man, a woman, or an object, or a pet. And the problem is that I don't know how to do it in English, normally this is not a problem, but I want to do it this way for story reasons.

In my novel there is Marco, a man's name in Spanish or Italian, I think it's obvious. As it is written, without saying that he is a man or a woman or something, it gives the readers to understand that he is a person, when in fact he is an organization. This is because the organization uses it as a way to communicate among its members without raising suspicions of others.

Things like "Marco sent this package" or "Marco sent me to pick you up".

In my language, it is easy to insinuate that it is a person with a lot of friends, but it also makes sense as an organization or object, but my problem is that in English it is often necessary to put the pronouns so that the sentence makes sense.

If I put Him all the time readers will think it is a person and will feel cheated when it is revealed that it is an organization. If I put It I think it would be correct, they will be very suspicious, if I put Them it will be obvious that they are more than one person.

That's why I'm looking for help, to see if there is a way to do something like that in English or what do you think about it?

Thank you very much

Twin

"Marco sent this package" - This line already seems like it could refer to a person or organization.
"Marco sent me to pick you up" - while this does not (Here it seems like Marco communicated with the said individual in person which hints at Marco being a person in flesh.). A more clever working would be - "Marco's orders. I am sent to pick you up." (In this case Marco can be a person or organization. There is nothing hinting that Marco is a person)

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
"Marco sent this package" - This line already seems like it could refer to a person or organization.
"Marco sent me to pick you up" - while this does not (Here it seems like Marco communicated with the said individual in person which hints at Marco being a person in flesh.). A more clever working would be - "Marco's orders. I am sent to pick you up." (In this case Marco can be a person or organization. There is nothing hinting that Marco is a person)
"Marco sent me" is perfectly fine. "Marco's orders" is also fine. The two aren't really distinct, aside from the more commanding implications of the word 'orders'.
In my language, it is easy to insinuate that it is a person with a lot of friends, but it also makes sense as an organization or object, but my problem is that in English it is often necessary to put the pronouns so that the sentence makes sense.

If I put Him all the time readers will think it is a person and will feel cheated when it is revealed that it is an organization. If I put It I think it would be correct, they will be very suspicious, if I put Them it will be obvious that they are more than one person.

That's why I'm looking for help, to see if there is a way to do something like that in English or what do you think about it?
The easiest way would be to avoid using pronouns at all. The second easiest would be to write "we", since it implies either "Marco and I" OR "we who belong to the organization Marco". If you're having trouble with a specific sentence, you'll have to write it out for case by case corrections.

However, if the intent of using Marco as the name of the organization is to mislead eavesdroppers, then do everything you can as an author to lean into that. Marco should always be described as a person and not an organization, except when the character you're writing is stupid or thinks only allies are present.

Even then, it might be better to drop the pretense and refer to 'the organization'/'the gang' to add a layer of confusion. The reader might even assume Marco is the leader of the organization, and not the organization itself.

Again, if you're having trouble with a specific sentence, write it out for case by case corrections. Oh, this might help too.