Writing A little thought for a character

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
Hello all, so I decided to make another story cause I loved the concept and decided to make it a flying by the seat of my pants type plot that I'd have to be careful with how I plot out each arc of the story.

But something a little odd just occured to me while making it, relatability, mostly put the relatability of my mc: an unfeeling calculative machine.
I've fixed the kill other's due to messing up their plans due to them not having emotion's aspect that a lot of people got hard over, but I do wonder how relatable they might find the mc, well since they are a machine and not human like so that might be excused, but I still get nervous over the fact.

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Hello all, so I decided to make another story cause I loved the concept and decided to make it a flying by the seat of my pants type plot that I'd have to be careful with how I plot out each arc of the story.

But something a little odd just occured to me while making it, relatability, mostly put the relatability of my mc: an unfeeling calculative machine.
I've fixed the kill due to has no emotion's aspect that a lot of people got hard over, but I do wonder how relatable they might find the mc, well since they are a machine and not human like so that might be excused, but I still get nervous over the fact.
Depends on what kind of story and message you are trying to create. Honestly I wouldn’t care about relatability

ConcubusBunny

Depends on what kind of story and message you are trying to create. Honestly I wouldn’t care about relatability
I'd have to say a melancholic type perspective take in an otherwise colorful and excitable adventure sci-fi fantasy world with lots of smut and mc constant struggle's with who they are, want to be and used to be.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I'd have to say a melancholic type perspective take in an otherwise colorful and excitable adventure sci-fi fantasy world with lots of smut and mc constant struggle's with who they are, want to be and used to be.
I am having a stroke understanding your point

ConcubusBunny

I am having a stroke understanding your point
I mean how most fantasy/sci-fi are more light hearted or dark and grim, I'd like to blend both together, but not in a don't know what it wants to be type way ad more of a it's a perspective of who's story and arc is being centered at the moment.

ZombieHat

I've fixed the kill other's due to messing up their plans due to them not having emotion's aspect that a lot of people got hard over, but I do wonder how relatable they might find the mc, well since they are a machine and not human like so that might be excused, but I still get nervous over the fact.
Relatability can also stem from trying to figure people or situations out. If it's a cold calculating machine trying to figure out why puppies are so adorable to humans, it could create a type of funny or strange interaction with the puppy that the machine has a hard time with and can overcome, hopefully without killing the puppy, and the reader can connect in that type of aspect. Then your machine MC has a puppy friend and can go John Wick on someone if they hurt the puppy, which will also make your readers like the MC. That's just an example but hopefully you can understand the overall concept.