A long and cool story.

Monk_Origins

'Ello folks, I am looking for a looong story to read! (1000+pages on RR, 300+ chapters on Webnovel or 250k+ words on SH.)
Since I have red a lot of novels already, I would appreciate if anyone could recommend something rare (hidden gem).

It would be nice if it had some Kingdom Building in it like Release That Witch, but I am open to almost all genres including Slice of Life.

Deal-breakers:
No weak-hearted MC please.
No Josei shenanigans. Seriously, what happened to NU and Webnovel? Half of the top 30 in both are Josei.
No, seriously, I am not interested in "I am mother/wife/daughter of the villain/demon king/tyrant and must save the world by spending his money/backstabbing/acting cute.
No racist BS please. The World Online was somewhat tolerable until it started s***ting on the rest of the world to assert Chinese Supremacy.

I will be re-reading The Legendary Mechanic in the mean time....

Monk_Origins

Too weak to try to control his destiny, getting controlled by others or going with the flow in every incident. And of course, mainly a problem of Japanese novels, where MC tends to have mental breakdowns every other chapter.
Reincarnated/Teleported? Needs to whine for 2 hours.
Killed a monster in self defense? 3 day long depression.
Killed a bandit? Yep, another week long mental breakdown.

On the other side of the coin, The Wandering Inn has a phisically weak MC, but she has sh*t to do, and she ain't about to let the world stop her from getting some control of her life.

ForestDweller

Too weak to try to control his destiny, getting controlled by others or going with the flow in every incident. And of course, mainly a problem of Japanese novels, where MC tends to have mental breakdowns every other chapter.
Reincarnated/Teleported? Needs to whine for 2 hours.
Killed a monster in self defense? 3 day long depression.
Killed a bandit? Yep, another week long mental breakdown.

On the other side of the coin, The Wandering Inn has a phisically weak MC, but she has sh*t to do, and she ain't about to let the world stop her from getting some control of her life.

Ah, not my novel then. MC really starts out as a worthless man and he's not just going to be an overpowered, confident MC anytime soon.

Monk_Origins

Ah, not my novel then. MC really starts out as a worthless man and he's not just going to be an overpowered, confident MC anytime soon.
Thank you for trying to help.
Tbh, the description of your story looks good and proper, but I don't think I can hold on until the MC grows to a point where I can enjoy the story. It would be a miracle if I lasted 5 chapters...

Nezothecat

Pretty sure you know this one, but hey you might not. XD

Oregairu
Hyouka

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
'Ello folks, I am looking for a looong story to read! (1000+pages on RR, 300+ chapters on Webnovel or 250k+ words on SH.)
Since I have red a lot of novels already, I would appreciate if anyone could recommend something rare (hidden gem).

It would be nice if it had some Kingdom Building in it like Release That Witch, but I am open to almost all genres including Slice of Life.

Deal-breakers:
No Josei shenanigans. Seriously, what happened to NU and Webnovel? Half of the top 30 in both are Josei.
No, seriously, I am not interested in "I am mother/wife/daughter of the villain/demon king/tyrant and must save the world by spending his money/backstabbing/acting cute.
No racist BS please. The World Online was somewhat tolerable until it started s***ting on the rest of the world to assert Chinese Supremacy.

A Will Eternal. Trust me dawg.

Monk_Origins

ForestDweller

Thank you for trying to help.
Tbh, the description of your story looks good and proper, but I don't think I can hold on until the MC grows to a point where I can enjoy the story. It would be a miracle if I lasted 5 chapters...
Heh, understandable. I've gotten readers who ran away once the depressing stuff starts (around chapter 44 or so). Got quite a number of negative reviews from it too, here and on other sites. Even though there's already the Tragedy tag. :blob_no:

Truth is though, it's not all that sad of a story overall. It's a harem isekai with a perverted MC. It's just that the MC will get hit by some tragedies here and there.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Yeah, I have red them already.

I have red this too.

Fine, I'll give it a shot. I had heard somewhere that MC was kinda R-word, but what the heck.
....rapey? No not at all. Well, that's not "entirely" true...but it's not what you'd think and it's actually quite hilarious so dont worry. He ain't out there molesting any poor young maidens

Monk_Origins

....rapey? No not at all. Well, that's not "entirely" true...but it's not what you'd think and it's actually quite hilarious so dont worry. He ain't out there molesting any poor young maidens
Mentally challenged.

BOWIESENSEI

Deal-breakers:

You can try mine, though it's only 120k words and probably not the best. I understand If it doesn't interest you, and it needs a bit of editing (maybe a lot ;-;) It's called the emergence of spheres.

Monk_Origins

You can try mine, though it's only 120k words and probably not the best. I understand If it doesn't interest you, and it needs a bit of editing (maybe a lot ;-;) It's called the emergence of spheres.
Will give a shot. On a scale of 1 t 10, how witchery is it?

Galen

Dream Engine Beta Test...DC comics. I have over 700k words, and I'm still not done with the book.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I am currently watching the anime of it on a whim. Anime watchers complained about how annoying MC is T.T
Wouldnt know I havent watched it. I'll take a look and decide myself, been meaning to.

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
You could probably take a stab at mine; Traveler has 350K words, 1000+ pages... Although if you’ve played FFXIV, its similar to a retelling of the game but from WoL perspective only.